Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went in to my local shop in Saturday to have them order an XD .40 5", it was late, so they couldn't place the order till Monday.

They said it's on backorder and we're expecting a call as to when it would ship.

Anybody have any idea how long these are normally backordered?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just got my XD .40 Service. Took a little over a month from the time I ordered. Emailed Springfield after about the third week into the wait and they apologized and said that this was a normal wait.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Where you at JackStraw? Mega Sports in Plainfield, Illinois has quite a few Tacticals in stock.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Such is the price of popularity. Everyone digs these guns and they're selling like hotcakes. Of course they are on backorder. At least we're not having to wait up to a year to get the Harley Davidson of our dreams.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tango Sierra said:
Where you at JackStraw? Mega Sports in Plainfield, Illinois has quite a few Tacticals in stock.
Quincy, IL here......'bout 4 hours south west of Plainfield. I'm going in to see my guy tomorrow, depending on what he says I might have to give Mega a call! Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
A dealer should be able to check with several distributers.I have one that sells for 10% over cost.He just throws his catalogs on the counter and also the fliers he gets for specials.If I wait till he has an order for several firearms I save on shipping.

Ed

·
Registered
37 Posts
Go online (gunbroker.com, aucitonarms, gunsamerica) you may find one there. I have already seen a Tactical in 45GAP on gunbroker.

·
Registered
453 Posts
When I was looking for my XD40 4" Bi-Tone i asked my local store why they had none in stock. His reply was that he felt it was just a fad over the XD's. :x

I ended up ordering mine from another shop (2 week wait for the XD deal), but I prefer to shoot at the first shop because it was closer to where I live. They seemed impressed with it when I went to the range. I think I may spring for an armor kote one day.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JackStraw_1969 said:
They called today......it will be here tomorrow! Whoo Hoo!
And one week later they get in the CORRECT gun I ordered! Just 2 more hours before I get to burn some lead! Whoo Hoo!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts