Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I finally got out to shoot my XD and discovered much like a lot of people, I can't stand the trigger so I'm looking for recommendations as to what to do, whether its drop in, have a gunsmith work it over, or sell it and buy another Glock.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
4' trigger ... a four foot trigger ... yea that must have a longggggg pull ....

just could not resist

but seriously ... I suggest PRP. Many like the drop in but I spent a few bucks more for ultimate match kit. Bit more work to fit but I just followed their videos. Made my XD9 4" into a whole new gun that I have been enjoying in competitions.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4' trigger ... a four foot trigger ... yea that must have a longggggg pull ....

just could not resist

but seriously ... I suggest PRP. Many like the drop in but I spent a few bucks more for ultimate match kit. Bit more work to fit but I just followed their videos. Made my XD9 4" into a whole new gun that I have been enjoying in competitions.
I see what you did there;), I have heard about the PRP but have never installed one, really just want to get rid of all the mush feeling in the trigger.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
I see what you did there;), I have heard about the PRP but have never installed one, really just want to get rid of all the mush feeling in the trigger.
The PRP trigger will fix it right up. Swapping for a crappy Glock trigger isn't the answer.

Reactions: AmIbeingDetained

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reactions: Ryno785

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The PRP trigger will fix it right up. Swapping for a crappy Glock trigger isn't the answer.
I was on the fence so I got both, will probably keep the XD once I put a trigger in it.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Well it didn't help that immediately following firing the XD I switched to my new 21sf, which I fell in love with already.
I haven't handled the 21SF but I did get to play with a Gen4 G21 last weekend and I am in the same boat. One is definitely in my near future. My GSSF coupon should be in the mail right now as well. :D

·
Registered
12,197 Posts

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
That's not the first time I have heard that about the M&P's.
I like the way the gun feels, but the only way I would own one is with an apex trigger in it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
any striker fired handguns that come out of the box with a good trigger in it?

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Actually, best I have seen is the xd tac series. Really though, no pistol coming out today has a good trigger. Acceptable but not even 1911s have "good" triggers out of the box.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm sure I am one of the weird ones, but I like the mushy feeling of the XD trigger. I feel like I have better muscle memory and feedback with it. I know exactly where the mush ends and the BANG begins. I guess I've become accustomed to it.

I agree that M&P's are the absolute worst. They're great guns, but have horrible triggers. However, the pro series is a different animal from the standard M&P's of course.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
any striker fired handguns that come out of the box with a good trigger in it?
I was a XD guy for a few years and did a lot of Glock bashing. I even talked my uncle out of the Gen4 Glock 19 that he wanted in favor of a XDM 3.8 SC.

I realized how much I hated the XDM tirgger after shooting my brothers P226. It make me start looking at PRP and Springer kits for both of my XDM's. I wasn't really happy about having to spend $200 on trigger kits and i wasn't overly confident about installing them either. A smith installation would have obviously made it even more expensive.

About the time I was kicking around the trigger kit idea, I was sitting at my uncles house (the uncle that now owns the new XDM) and my cousin got out his G19. I asked him to see it as I really hadn't spent that much time with a Glock. Just enough time in my LGS to know that the grip felt a little weird which was what made me buy a XD originally. I spent the next 15 minutes dry firing and playing with the reset. As bad as I hated to admit it, I was actually impressed with Glock trigger out of the box.

I ended up trading my 3.8 XDM for a G19 a couple months after that and I sold my 4.5 to buy a G34 shortly after that. I have zero regrets. Now, all I do is install a 3.5 lb connector and I'm good to go. It's still no where close to my brothers 226 SRT trigger but I am more than content with it. Takes about 5 minutes to install and costs about $10.

I guess your question is pretty subjective but for me the Glock triggers are a hell of a lot more tolerable out of the box than the XD's or M&P's.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts