Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My XD-357 used to be 100% reliable back when we only had 10rd magazines. Since I got some 12 rounders I've been experiencing a lot of failures to feed. Anybody else have this problem?

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
the 12 round mags suck. All my failures are related to them

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Haven't had any problems with mine in the .40s&w.

I'd imagine some lip tweaking is in order. Not to be confused with nipple tweaking. I hate that ****.

·
Registered
373 Posts
first are they factory springfield or after market pro mags. if there after market try this ,see of the mag is sitting flush to the mag well if theres a little gap there try to hold it flush against the mag well. the reason im saying this is beacause i bought after market mags and relized they dont sit flush but when i hold them up flush it functions fine so that could be the problem. if there factory mags i would send them back and get new ones , or do the lip trick like tasf said

·
Registered
102 Posts
My factory 12 round magazines for my 357 Sig Service XD have been flawless. I would stay away from Pro-Mag magazines, as I've had no luck at all with them in other brands of guns.

Fred

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's a follow up question for those that have had GOOD luck with factory 12rd magazines in a 357. What ammo are you using?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I load all my own, with the exception of the Remington 124 grain FP rounds I carry in it. I just finished loading a little over 9,000 rounds for it last month. I've got four of the 12 round magazines, two LEO's and two after ban, and they all work perfectly.

Fred

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have no problems with feeding. My aftermarket 12 rounders do have the gap, they sag a little at the mag well, but I've had no problems with them. Factory 12 rounders work fine too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts