Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my first XD a couple months ago because I thought I wanted an HK. Well I bought the HX and upon realizing it would never jive with my small hands, imediately traded it for a Beretta 96 Centurion. The Centurion was a very nice pistol, but it was my first .40 and after a short relationship with it I realized I just don't care for the .40 caliber round. Well it just so happens that another officer I work with bought a stainless XD9 about a week ago and just couldn't warm up to it due to his very big hands and tonight we traded straight up. It's kind of funny, but I feel like I just got back together with a great girlfriend I should have never broke up with. If you ever hear me threatening me to sell my XD again please slap the s**t out of me :lol: .

·
Registered
539 Posts
schorched said:
I sold my first XD a couple months ago because I thought I wanted an HK. Well I bought the HX and upon realizing it would never jive with my small hands, imediately traded it for a Beretta 96 Centurion. The Centurion was a very nice pistol, but it was my first .40 and after a short relationship with it I realized I just don't care for the .40 caliber round. Well it just so happens that another officer I work with bought a stainless XD9 about a week ago and just couldn't warm up to it due to his very big hands and tonight we traded straight up. It's kind of funny, but I feel like I just got back together with a great girlfriend I should have never broke up with. If you ever hear me threatening me to sell my XD again please slap the s**t out of me :lol: .
lol... welcome back hehe. Thats an amusing story.

·
Registered
50 Posts
would you prefer a b***h slap or a pistol wip :twisted:

Watch out, if you are that in love, a baby XD or maybe a tactical is in your future. :wink:

Sounds like a good trade, I never cared for the feel of the Beretta.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Welcome back.

I too found the HK USP's grip rather clubby and long from front to back, ditto for the 92/96 Berettas. I prefer the 1911, Hi-Power, XD, CZ-75 styled grips the best.

-Brickboy240

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jacob Staff said:
Watch out, if you are that in love, a baby XD or maybe a tactical is in your future. :wink:
The next one will be a tactical no doubt. I really want a nice Browning High Power first though. A cop buddy of mine has a very choice one he let me get my hands on the other day and I enjoyed shooting that pistol so much I damn near started to blush. Granted his has some extensive work done to it and is extra choice, but the balance and the way that thing came back on target begged to be shot as fast as possible. I just couldn't slow down with it. A real fun buster for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts