Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
I can't say I have any experience with it but something tells me it would be a little on the loud side. The trigger is probably gonna be on the heavy side especially for a 7 year old.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Hi,

According to this, Airsoft can be beneficial as a training tool.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Reactions: Mike51392

·
Registered
XDM 4.5" 9mm 19rd
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do you mean the noise would be a problem? Won't this sound like a paintball gun? I would want to be able to shoot it in my back yard without violating any city ordinances. Not sure about my kid being able to use it yet (supervised closely) but seems like it would be a better start for him than with my 9mm at the indoor range.
I watched that video and I agree 👍. The problem with the bb pistol is the noise and that trigger is gonna be Hella heavy for a 7 year old.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I bought one for that very reason, however, I went through 3 of these as each one broke because of the soft metal. The first one went to just over 500 shots before it broke, plus for some reason, it would, occasionally, start shooting about 10 inches, to the left, from POA and POI. I would have to remove the slide and then the barrel and reassemble and it would go back to the POI it had on target.

The second one, just over 100 shots when the trigger could not pull. Disassembling and a piece had broke off the barrel assembly and gotten into the trigger area keeping it was firing.

The last one just over 200 shots before a piece broke off the barrel assembly like the last one.

It looks very close to a XDm. I had the weight of the gun, trigger pull weight, things like this but can't find this information right now.

It was very accurate with Daisy Match Grade BB's but the more it was shot, the worst the accuracy would get and I think it was the barrel assembly was moving around and also why it would shoot 10 inches to the left at times.
Font Parallel Art Paper Paper product

·
Registered
629 Posts
What do you mean the noise would be a problem? Won't this sound like a paintball gun? I would want to be able to shoot it in my back yard without violating any city ordinances. Not sure about my kid being able to use it yet (supervised closely) but seems like it would be a better start for him than with my 9mm at the indoor range.
Here in Los Angeles CA you can't shoot bb guns in urban areas period. The co2 pistols I have are loud. I recommend the diana chaser.
Furniture Tripod Chair Videographer Camera operator

For $130 it can't be beat has a adjustable 2 stage trigger super quiet. Comes with 2 barrels. Don't bother buying the rotary mags they suck.

·
Registered
153 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts