Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, needing some help on the weight of the slide. I am looking at getting a custom aftermarket slide which they claim weighs much less than factory. But was curious if anyone knew how much the factory slide weighs with out all internals and with out ejector?

Much appreciated and happy new year!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I would suspect the company claiming to be lighter than factory would know how much a factory slide weighs. Otherwise, how would they know... Have you asked them?

BTW, welcome to XDtalk.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Alter1 : They claim, the factory slide with out the ejector weighs 12.5 ounces and that their ported model weighs 8.5 ounces. 4 ounces less would be very nice considering the overall weight on this firearm is 26 ounces. I was hoping someone on XD talk would have this gun and also a scale to double check their claim that the factory slide is 12.5 ounces. At the end of the day I might just have to go out and buy a scale. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
@Alter1 : They claim, the factory slide with out the ejector weighs 12.5 ounces and that their ported model weighs 8.5 ounces. 4 ounces less would be very nice considering the overall weight on this firearm is 26 ounces. I was hoping someone on XD talk would have this gun and also a scale to double check their claim that the factory slide is 12.5 ounces. At the end of the day I might just have to go out and buy a scale. Thanks.

Got it. Just keeping them honest.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I can give you an answer when I get home from work today. I have a food scale that should do the trick.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I saw their site a while back: DV8 Dynamics, Inc

are you looking at the portal or the Raptor ONE ??
i like that they are all :
Precision CNC machined in the USA from USA made Billet 4140 Hardened Steel Alloy.
this way you can keep your stock slide and have a custom one how you want. and if you want to go back stock you can !!

You can get them to cerakote most any color they have. Also can choose to have an optic seat machined in as well.

Portal

Raptor ONE

·
Registered
512 Posts
Would the lighter slide screw up the timing of the pistol?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Lighter slide = faster travel. All that stuff you mentioned has to work in harmony.

·
Registered
14 Posts
@Gigantore : company is DV8 Dynamics and the slide is called their portal slide.

@Grafyght : that would be awesome my man. really appreciate it!
I would think you will have to have delivered to an FFL licensed shop, as the slide has all serial# and firing mechanism.

Lower weight is good, but perceived kick might make it uncomfortable to shoot, esp. with + P+ rounds. Customer service stated the XD gen 1's and later can take +P and + P+ ammo.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I would think you will have to have delivered to an FFL licensed shop, as the slide has all serial# and firing mechanism.
?? slide is just a machined metal piece, no serial number or components, just a single piece.

serial number on all my Springfield's are on the side of the barrels and then underside of lower molded portion, all the pin and moving parts are in the lower portion as well.

·
Registered
782 Posts
That slide alone almost costs the same as a whole gun... but it looks cool .

·
Registered
26 Posts
Is that expensive for a slide? I've never looked into changing mine out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts