Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a really tough one to answer since the Bushmaster ACR isn't even out yet but if money were no object and the choice was between these two which would you choose? If neither, then what would be an option to the ACR and XCR?

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
I had an XCR. Shot fine, was accurate and reliable.
Just NEEDED to have an AR. I sold the XCR, picked up a 1911
and recently finished a AR15 build.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
I just saw an XCR in person for the first time and thought it looked kinda goofy. If the ACR hits the market I will buy one immediately. Bushmaster is missing the boat on this one. They could have sold boat loads of these rifles already especially with the Obamanator closing in on the white house.

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
i still want an ACR folding stock, might get the SBR barrel too, that will be really compact with a folder

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I really like how the ACR looks in pictures, but until I see it in person I really can't say if I'd like it or not. I'd almost rather just have a SIG 556.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I really like the XCR, but I'd probably go with the Masada/ACR given the choice. I think it will have much greater market acceptance overall and I've always been thoroughly impressed with anything that Magpul has done.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
OK after doing some research on both of these today, I'm still not sure which one I'd rather have. One thing I haven't been able to find is if either or both of them will accept standard AR-15 mags like the SIG 556 or the AR-10 mags for the 7.62 NATO chambered versions.

The fact that both are offering multiple caliber options has put both of them ahead of the SIG on my 'Want/Must Have' list. Hopefully I can make it to a gunshow soon and handle both weapons to see which one I like better.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Both the XCR and ACR accept standard AR mags. With the ACR, you have to know that PMags will work (and would likely be the "included" mag) as they are a Magpul product.

You won't be handling an ACR at any gun show today as they are not out yet.

·
Banned
7,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really like the XCR, but I'd probably go with the Masada/ACR given the choice. I think it will have much greater market acceptance overall and I've always been thoroughly impressed with anything that Magpul has done.
Have you noticed how the Masada has morphed a bit as it became the ACR? I really liked the looks of the Masada version but perhaps during some further R & D they needed to make the changes that seemed to have ocurred as it became the ACR. Sure would like to get my paws on one of those ACR's though!!!

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Have you noticed how the Masada has morphed a bit as it became the ACR? I really liked the looks of the Masada version but perhaps during some further R & D they needed to make the changes that seemed to have ocurred as it became the ACR. Sure would like to get my paws on one of those ACR's though!!!
Yeah it has changed a little bit...I want to say that the charging handle was moved to a more user-friendly location among other things.

I hope Bushmaster doesn't screw it up.

·
Registered
244 Posts
That is what scares me.
I have confidence in Bushy. They have to know they are being held to the expectations of the Magpul products. Plus if it was junk you know Magpul would raise hell and fix it.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
+13

1 - 17 of 17 Posts