Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the PRP trigger in my x-d 9 tactical. It worked great for about 500 rounds. However, in the last stage of a USPSA match, (actually last shot) one trigger pull let out three rounds. I know i'm not that quick on the finger. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Can you post pics of the gun with the slide off, frame area where the striker safety and sear are and area where the striker and striker safety are?

The gun should not fire even if the sear is tuck in the down position and the striker safety is disabled. You would have to have the striker "stuck forward" in the striker channel where it's sticking out of the breach face and the sear stuck in the down position, for a slam fire to happen.

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
I'd suggest you remove the kit now and call Daniel at Powder River to get his thoughts. Having a gun go full-auto is both unsafe and not legal (unless you have a stamp).

Good luck and be safe!

OS

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
You sure it wasn't just 'bump-firing' from recoil against your trigger finger? If you keep a tense trigger finger with a loose grip, when the pistol rebounds from recoil, and then bounces off your palm, I could see this (possibly).

·
Registered
17 Posts
I too had wondered about bump firing, i've seen it done intentionally and unintentionally. I've seen it done with a gummed up AR unintentionally.

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know what happened to this VET?
April 2011

"Olofson appealed the conviction all the way up to the Supreme Court, but was denied and ordered to serve 30 months in prison. That sentence has now been completed and David is finally out of prison."

"Thanks to some support from the Gun Owners Foundation, the family managed to keep their home during David’s forced absence, but the struggle isn’t over. It can be hard for someone with a felony conviction on their record to find work so Olofson has launched an on-line business selling hand made, natural soaps and bath products."

Joules of Nature

1 - 13 of 13 Posts