Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an XDm 9mm Compact that I bought a few months ago. I have been shooting the Winchester WB at home and at the range. I've been pretty pleased with it, for the price. I bought a few boxes of Federal because Walmart had just stocked it. When I shot it, I noticed that I wasn't nearly as consistant as with the WWB. My groupings werent nearly as tight. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me? I am new to the forum, but I love this place and my new XDm!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I also prefer Win compared to Federal. Plus I like the Win brass better for reloading.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I bought some of the Wal-Mart Federal ammo a while back. I've run it through several 9mm's. Maybe I'm not as good a shot as the OP, but I don't notice any major differences between it and other inexpensive 9mm loads in terms of my accuracy.

My Glock 17 isn't a big fan of it, though. In fact, the G17 dislikes the Federal so much that it throws the casings back at me and refuses to lock its slide back after the last round is fired. I've run it through several other 9mm's, though, and they digest it just fine.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I prefer Federal Champion over WWB just because it shoots cleaner in my experience. I did not notice any accuracy difference between the two.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Glock 17 isn't a big fan of it, though. In fact, the G17 dislikes the Federal so much that it throws the casings back at me and refuses to lock its slide back after the last round is fired.
I think your G17 is trying to tell you something! :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I can't speak on the Feds since all I shoot is WWB or reloads in both of my 40 S&W. I also like the WWB's brass for reloading. I have good luck with the WWB's with grouping and accuracy. I shot up about 4000 rnds before starting to reload. Of those 4000 rnds I did notice about 200 rnds that was full of flyers . Both 100 rnd bricks were purchased about 1 month apart.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
My Glock 17 isn't a big fan of it, though. In fact, the G17 dislikes the Federal so much that it throws the casings back at me and refuses to lock its slide back after the last round is fired.
I think your G17 is trying to tell you something! :)
But the rest of my 9mm's aren't complaining. :lol:

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have shot hundreds of rounds of both WWB and Federal Champion from Wally World. I have not noticed any difference in accuracy but the Federal does seem to burn cleaner in my XDm .40 S&W than the WWB. I have reloaded cases from both and found no perceptable difference either. Shoot whatever is cheapest until you get ready to reload your own, but save your brass until that point. ;)

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
My XDms gobble up either just fine. Can't tell much difference when reloading either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts