Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWB 9mm value packs for the longest time has been $10.96, now they're $11.24 at all the local stores, has any one else had the price increase hit them?

I don't shoot 115gr, just buy it when people go with me to shoot my gun. I stick with 147 TMJ FNs from CTD @ $7.43/box.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm true, december sending my pistol to SA for a new extractor was $43, just sent it to Rich @ Canyon Creek, $53...ugh :(

Wierd though how WM has all these price "rollbacks" except on ammo!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
skygun9 said:
I can't believe that a .29c increase per 100 rounds would be worth the bandwidth wasted here :roll:
This post has taken up so little bandwidth it is not even worth mentioning!
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Your argument is flawed because you contributed to the bandwidth usage by posting!
I am sure all prices for every thing will be going up with GAS being so damn exspensive!

·
Registered
442 Posts
We went to Wal-Mart for some WWB 7.62x39 and they wanted $16.88 for 40 rounds :shock: WWB .223 is still $7.58 for 40 rounds though. I haven't paid attention to the 9mm; I'll look next time I'm there. FWIW, Academy Sports sells WWB 50 round packs for $4.86.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yup, just picked up a 100rd value pack of WWB. Just last week it was $10.96, now it's $11.24

A 50rd box of WWB 147gr JHPs is $10.97

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
7.58 for 40 rounds of 223? Damn that's almost the price of Wolf at retail when not on sale...for some reason it sounds like they've got that priced wrong. Gonna have to take advantage of that!

·
Registered
181 Posts
My local Wal-Mart went up more than that. I can't recall for sure but it was 11.38 or 11.44.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Well I had to go and check tonight and it's still $10.96. Even if it does go up its still a good price. The only problem I saw is that they were all out of 40cal and 45cal. DAMN IT!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
joeyc said:
$11.27 here in illinois. funny how all the walmarts have a different price
Our local news just did a report on how different local stores (same chain) had different prices. These stores were no more than 5-10 miles apart but the price differences were pretty big in some cases. They tried to get the retailers to justify the price difference but got nothing back from them, surprize surprize....

·
Registered
181 Posts
The stores base their prices on the close by competition. As soon as our local Wal-Mart put the local TV stores out of business the price of TVs went up at the local Wal-Mart. Same happened with prices in other departments when the drug store closed and and when the other two grocery stores closed and when the clothing stores closed and etc..etc..etc..

Twenty five miles away are larger towns where the Wal-Marts have other big box store competition so the prices are much lower at those Wal-Marts than our local Wal-Mart.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Only thing Walmart has to compete with around here is itself. Within about a 30 mile raidus of me there are a total of 7 Walmarts. Ugh...just glad they don't sell pistols, else we'd all be shooting Glocks because you *know* they'd have a one-tract mind about what to sell! :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
We have a new Wally World in St Paul - the prices were $10.86 for the first 2 weeks, then $10.96, and now we're up to $11.74 for the 9mm WWB.

Too bad the next closest Wal-Mart doesn't carry any firearms or ammunition - they stated it's 'due to their location' :roll:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Walmart has the market for just about everyone living in the sticks like most of us. You can either shop there or go back to the ancient art of making your own things, or trading between friends, or be satisfied with nothing.
I'm glad they have such good prices, but customer service lacks in every other area....except maybe the snack-bar lady. I especially hate the sporting good section. Buying ammo is a pain in the ass since ya gotta find Joe dude dickin around in the automotive section, and piss him off by askin him to unlock the ammo case. I was gonna buy a box of WWB .223 once, and he noticed my XD on my side. He gave me this big speal as to how he wasn't suppose to sell me ammo since I was packin, but since it wasn't the same caliber....he'd cut me a break. :evil:
Buying a gun is even worse....like it takes teeth pullin to run everything through.....not even thinkin they're about to make a several hundred buck sale.
Sorry for the book but that's my 2cents...maybe we need to start a "Bitch about Walmart"thread

·
Registered
83 Posts
I bet they make a lot of money off WWB, everyone I know buys it. If the price keeps going up to what others sell it for they will lose the business

1 - 20 of 48 Posts