Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up with this? I Go into my local shop/range to buy a membership, and they ask to see what ammo I will be shooting-- So I pull out 400rnds of WWB value pack ammo. They tell me that I am not allowed to use it there, because the WWB value pack is made up of the rejects from the 50rnd packs. They said they banned it from the range due to excessive jams, causing the range officer to spend too much time clearing jams from Winchester Value Ammo. I have never had a FTF or FTE from winchester in my XD--and I have put over 300rnds through it since I bought it.

So needless to say, i tell them to forget about the membership, because WWB is what I use to practice with, and the competing range in the area allows it. I mean..for crying out loud--I JUST bought 400rnds!!

Anyone else have ranges that are extremely anal about what ammo is allowed, the range in question also bans about 10 other brands of ammo (wolf, blazer..and others)

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
They absolutely don't know what they are talking about. Doesn't make any sense from an economic or liability standpoint. Do they say the same thing about the Remington value packs? Join the other club/range.

Think about it, how many 50 round boxes would it take to provide sufficient rejects to keep the 100 round boxes supplied? They'd have to be rejecting more than they are accepting. :roll:

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Ah- it must be one of those Wolf & Fiocchi ranges only.
Lemme guess- do they offer gunsmithing?
Bad prices on cleaning supplies?....

With a flick of the wrist (and the purchase of an ammo case), that WWB can become Lapua handloads....

·
Registered
272 Posts
All I shoot is WWB (about 70%) and CCI blazer (30%) and have never had a problem with either. This was just their way of trying to make you buy their ammo at crazy prices because they know they cant compete with WWB value-packs from WalMart.

I would go to another range - vote with your $$$. But if you have no other choice, just re-pack into another 50 round box.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I always thought it was considered value pack because it was bulk (no plastic separator piece) and it came in larger quantities. Thanks for your input guys--I ended up shooting my preloaded mags of WWB (behind their backs) and buying 100rnds of Remington 115gr FMJ at $18 and repacking my WWB in the old remington boxes. I doubt they are gonna sweep up my brass and check for the 'WIN' printed on the rim, and bust my ass. I definitely wont be buying a membership there, and I refused to buy my gun there because their sales staff were A-holes with the typical "polymer pistols suck" BS. So I spend an exter $10 and gave my business to a shop that had great clerks.

·
Registered
889 Posts
It is a value pack because it is a bulk pack, there is nothing wrong with the stuff, it's like Son of Norway said they just want to sell you their ammo. Some gun shops do have some twits working for them, and it seams like the worst ones are in shops that have ranges. Now I didn't say all of the people that work at the ranges are twits, but look around next time you are at a range.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Just dump them into a box and tell them its reloads.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I think I've been to that store. Is this the guy you talked to?

I wouldn't bring my business to them at all. Find some other place.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I would have gotten a bit rude with him before I walked out. People that stupid really get on my nerves.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
That's funny, best story I've heard this week about retarded ranges!

Even more funny they claim that the RO has to clear the malfunctions...if their people are so retarded as not to know how to clear a stovepipe or a FTE from limpwristing, do you really want to shoot there anyways? Lol :wink:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I cant shoot tracers at my range and I cant shoot amror peircing ammo out of my AR15.

Thats all.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Sounds like the range-nazi's are getting greedy. Next, it will be only reloads that you made using their components. After all, they can't verify the quality of components bought elsewhere. Find somewhere else to shoot.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Snake-eater 1 said:
Isn't it odd, they allow reloads but not WWB :roll:
Actually at the commercial range I frequent, reloads are not allowed but outside commercial ammo is. I suspect they dont want any kabooms.... Their ammo only in their rentals.
Waldo said:
I cant shoot tracers at my range
That is the only restriction at our club - it has a tendency to catch our rubber impact area on fire :shock:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
TomSwift said:
Write Winchester and tell them this. They can put a stop to this BS about rejects.
They could, if that was what this was actually all about. It's about you buying their ammo.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
My local indoor you have to sign a waiver.
No reloads
No wolf or other steel cased ammo
No blazer or other aluminum cased
No steel bullets They use to check with a magnet and last year someone shot some steel shot and started a fire
No armor piercing.
If you rent their ammo only.
But I may have had a few reloads loaded in my mags :lol:

·
Registered
244 Posts
R/T Performance said:
My local indoor you have to sign a waiver.
No reloads
No wolf or other steel cased ammo
No blazer or other aluminum cased
No steel bullets They use to check with a magnet and last year someone shot some steel shot and started a fire
No armor piercing.
If you rent their ammo only.
But I may have had a few reloads loaded in my mags :lol:
+1 where I have to go. One of i think 2 places in town that don't limit you to frangible. I use WWB and American Eagle and they are cool with it. When I rent, I just buy a box of 50 from them then shoot my own! :twisted:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts