Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody used this round in competition? Better than the 115 Gr. FMJ? I've seen posts about the JHP's in 147 from Winchester but not these TCMC's.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
*glances at the 5 cases sitting by his door*

Its all I fire, seem to be a bit more consistant than 115s (value packs anyways).

I found all of the 147s to function better than 115s in my XD, plus it feels like I'm shooting a 40. A heavier recoil rather than a snappy/flippy one from 115s.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I ran about 300 rounds of this stuff through my tactical today including a match and I love it. Feels just like you say a heavy oomph rather than a snappy lift with the 115's. I'm sticking with this stuff. Now where can I get it in bulk? My Walmart only gets a couple boxes at a time.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see it at CTD but only in boxes of 50. Do you just order a bunch of 50 boxes or do they sometimes have it by the case? Seems it would be pricey at the 50 round box price.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
If you buy enough to get a case (500rd per, 10boxes) then you get the factory box, else they just repack them.

CTD:
$7.48 x 20 = $149.60, find something for an extra buck and you get free shipping

Walmart:
$7.97 x 20 = $159.40 + 6% tax = $168.96

Its a shame that the alumnium 147 Blazers aren't cheaper because I found them to shoot exactly the same as 147 whitebox.

·
Registered
300 Posts
What does "TCMC" stand for? Picked up a box of them in the new Sportsman's Warehouse today to try out along with some Rem Golden Sabres 124gr +P. Haven't found anything yet that my XD won't eat. :D

·
Registered
300 Posts
And is there any particular reason such a type of ammo was developed? What purpose does it serve that regular FMJ does not?

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
crushert said:
And is there any particular reason such a type of ammo was developed? What purpose does it serve that regular FMJ does not?
Probably feeding and reliability issues. Bet you have never
seen a .40S&W ball round - due to it having a feeding problem
thus most of the ammo, practice type is of truncated design.

Another big issue about the FMJ is that most ranges will not
allow FMJ ammo to be fired. HTHs

Ed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts