Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Bought an XD-9 Service, and I just had a question. I searched and found a thread on another forum, apparently there is a difference in the WWB 115gr rounds sold in the 50rd tray as opposed to the 100rd box. I bought a few boxes of the 100rd value packs, and have yet to shoot it but the price was better than ive seen else where, and I was kinda worried when I read that the 100rd is of lesser quality than the 50rds... My question is have any of you all tried both and noticed differences or should I only buy the 50rds? Or should I go straight back to the store and buy the rest of the 100rds? Ive noticed lots of empty shelves out here and wanted to get some ammo stored up. I havent shot the gun yet, I go to school in one city and permanently reside in houston, there are no indoor ranges near me right now and weather has been iffy. I also ordered 100rds of Federal LE Tactical HST 124gr. +P to use as personal defense ammo. Well any input is appreciated, Thanks,
John

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nothing wrong with the WWB 100rnd boxes, they are just packaged loose and not in a plastic rack. I've never heard (or noticed) any difference in function between the 50 & 100rnd boxes. Shoot and enjoy!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nothing wrong with the WWB 100rnd boxes, they are just packaged loose and not in a plastic rack. I've never heard (or noticed) any difference in function between the 50 & 100rnd boxes. Shoot and enjoy!
+1, there is no difference between the 50 and 100 round packs, they are exactly the same. If you really want to get the most for your money buy the 100 round packs because they are cheaper per round than the 50 packs and if you actually count them out you always get 101 or 102! Free ammo FTW!

·
Registered
29 Posts
They're the same like everyone has said. I bought a box of 50 when I first got my XD9SC, not thinking. Then started buying the 100 packs, same thing just loosely packed.

·
Registered
146 Posts
+1

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright,
Thanks you guys have made me feel alot better.

Just for info, whats the 100rd run you at wal-mart where you live?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats even cheaper than here, I 'found' them for $20.xx and I saw them else where for upwards of $23, and I have seen Wal-Mart having different prices like 10 miles away.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey,

the 100 rd WWB down here come in 2 foam trays stacked on top of each other- inside the white box.... BUT it's 30 bucks a box. :confused:

I'll have to shop around and see if I can find the "loose" ones.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I bought two boxes for $19.97 each at Walmart on 12/11 and tried them out Sunday. Positive results, so I'm going back to clean out the case. (no, not really, there was still quite a lot left)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts