Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OFF THE MARKET

I'm in a mood tonight and I am considering parting with my model 686 .357 Smith & Wesson six inch power ported six shot revolver. This revolver is in excellent condition, included are two speed loaders and scope rail in addition to the pistol. Open to trades, PM me with offers.

Prefer FTF trade in Ohio.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
BUMP for a great seller!

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Smith 12 gauge sale is pending....haven't thought too much of cash price for the Smith 686....550.00 OBO.

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking to trade for a full size .45 acp

XD 45
M&P 45

Will also consider full size .40 and possibly 9mm.

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This 686 is back up for trade...I will only conduct a face to face trade as my local FFL is 100% incompetent and will not get off his butt.

faawrenchbndr.....I feel bad about the whole thing....

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Why not ship it yourself?
I just went thru the same thing, but my man on the other end shipped his fine himself to my FFL. It is perfectly easy and how I would do it in the future, given my recent experience.ymmv.
jmo

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
This 686 is back up for trade...I will only conduct a face to face trade as my local FFL is 100% incompetent and will not get off his butt.

faawrenchbndr.....I feel bad about the whole thing....
No worries on my end, you tried best you could to make the deal work.
Sucks for me, someone in Ohio is going to get a good 686.

·
Registered
162 Posts
My FFL accepts from a private seller as long as you ship it with Fed EX and put a photo copy of your drivers license with it.I'm going Monday to pick up a SA 1911 loaded that was shipped to him from a non FFL seller.
If i didn't just buy it i would be thinking about this one. Good luck on sale.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Here's the deal,....

The ffl dealers in his area either want a very high transfer fee,
or, the one that flaked on him was extremelt hard to contact, and my ffl stated "after talking with them, this deal is not going to work out" No further explaination.

So my sending Cooks128 a firearm via Fed Ex, is pointless.

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yep pretty much....Gander Mountain quoted my 75.00 transfer in and 50 transfer out plus shipping, all other's quoted me 50 and 50 and the lowest price was 25 and 25 but has a problem with returning calls and cooperation.

UPS quoted me an overnight shipping price of 65.00....this is 5.00 cheaper then when I has to send back a pistol to Kimber for warranty repair.

It was just too much of a hassle for all cards to fall into place on this one.

+1 for faawrenchbndr for being a patient understanding fellow member.

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Columbus area....

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
That's a beautiful Gun!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Cooks128, can't you find another ffl. I believe there's a place on arfcom that lists ffl's that do transfers. I have no interest here except that I've had a few good conversations with both parties and would like to see them each get what they want.
Half of my acquisitions come from individuals.
Good luck to the both of you!

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cooks128, can't you find another ffl. I believe there's a place on arfcom that lists ffl's that do transfers. I have no interest here except that I've had a few good conversations with both parties and would like to see them each get what they want.
Half of my acquisitions come from individuals.
Good luck to the both of you!
I used Gun Broker's FFL finder....all the traditional gun shops have increased their transfer prices a great deal. Really can't figure out why gander mountain charges 75 incoming transer....that's just plain greed....guess more then the price of guns have up. There is one other place that I am checking into on Monday...(but have not said anything becuase I don't want to get anyone's hopes up) it's a small pawn shop near me that I have picked up a few things in the past. The owner is one shady mofo (surprised) and I'm only going in as a last resort.

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 29 Posts