Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got this collectors Machete with sheath. Will cover shipping and will take Paypal as payment. Asking $100.00 OBO. The inscribing means "The Righteous"

I am selling cheaper than what I paid for it. The handle is wrapped in leather and the whole Machete was custom made, maker is unknown. If interested PM me thanks

Attachments

·
Banned
20,997 Posts
Lmao

·
Banned
20,997 Posts
I have several machetes.... Think your price point is funny.... But...just my opinion.....

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hit the wrong button I did change it just wanted to start it out at a $100.00 OBO

When selling something you always start with a higher # then take the best offer given. I remember what I paid for it and would like to at least get that back..

·
Banned
20,997 Posts
No problem...... Best to you...

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I hit the wrong button I did change it just wanted to start it out at a $100.00 OBO

When selling something you always start with a higher # then take the best offer given. I remember what I paid for it and would like to at least get that back..
Sometimes strategies go best unspoken.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Well I would think that was common knowledge, I cannot believe that no one out there wouldn't know this. Really!

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
From the pics, the workmanship & quality really look good. Have you tried researching the marks?

I can see the value of $100 being in the ball park. The sheath alone is probably worth $40. (I know leather craftsman that wouldn't even make it for that.) I also know some custom knife & sword makers and they have made stuff similar that sold for the kind of money you're asking.

You may want to check out some of the appraisal experts on knives & swords to determine manufacturer. I think Smoky Mountain Knife works in TN have some that could help. You can also go over to TheFirearmsForum.com (TFF). They have some knife experts over there that may be able to point you in the right direction.

Good Luck-

ETA- I think it could be a knife or small sword instead of a machete. You may want to hit this site up with a few pics-

Knife Identification - Identify Antique and Collectible Knives

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I think my point was missed about the strategy -

Anyway - I like machetes. I called a friend of mine as he's more I to them than I am. He said it looks like a Corneta, but the leather handle is odd. The sheath doesn't look old enough to match, but very typical of a Guatemalen or Nicaraguan design.

He said the other curious think about the sheath is the metal appears off. On the top center where there are leather star patterns - it is typically more common to see decorative silver where the solid brass type buttons are.

If it is a Corneta it's maybe $50 at best. If not that - he has no idea.

Do you remember where you got it or what you paid for it?

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
A custom or semi-custom leather scabbard like that can pretty easily fetch a hunski on it's own. Only problem is finding the right buyer....it looks pretty ornate and like something a person would really have to love to get full use out of it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I paid $75.00 for it to be honest. I got it at a garage sale from a 70+ year old man that told me he bought it in Mexico on a trip there with his wife back in the 60's. That is all the information I have on it so far. Plus what Randolph just gave me.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
AK,

In your original post, you asked for $100 (and that's questionable because of the edits) and then said... "I am selling cheaper than what I paid for it."

Now, you say: "I paid $75.00 for it to be honest."

Sorry, but you just "admitted" that you lied.

I try to give folks the benefit of the doubt in things like this... but in this case, NO.
You lied, and then admitted it.

I usually don't call people out on things like this. Anyone who does business with you deserves what they get.

Duane

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I thought I paid more than that, until I looked back at my account to see how much I withdrew from my account that day, I remember cause I really wasn't garage sale shopping, I was taking my mother out cause she likes to go garage sale hopping, I saw a ATM transaction of $75.00 and one for $125 on that same day back 2 years ago, I wasn't sure until I found a money order with receipt with that days date for $125, and those where the only to transactions I had that day. It was Labor day weekend 2 years ago, cause I also found the receipt that the old guy gave me stapled to the ATM receipt just here a few moments ago. He was using a electric calculator with the paper feed as receipts.
I was just getting on here to change my statement since I did at first thought I paid more that I did for it. Also how many people when they sell things really tell the truth about how much they did really pay for it.
I did at first thought that I paid $125, but was wrong, don't forget to error is to human. Also **** it was 2 years ago. When I posted it I genially thought that I did pay $125.00 dollars for it.
I am a honest guy and have sold countless items on here I just got my information mixed up. I am sure you all have made a mistakes. So kiss my ass!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got this collectors Machete with sheath. Will cover shipping and will take Paypal as payment. Asking $100.00 OBO. The inscribing means "The Righteous" The handle is wrapped in leather and the whole Machete was custom made, maker is unknown. If interested PM me thanks
I want to make a correction in my posting of this item, I thought I paid more than $75.00 for it but after some digging I discovered that I didn't so the asking price is now SOLD I have already SOLD this on another site Thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts