Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
**SOLD PENDING FUNDS**I am putting up for sale my rare, second generation HS2000 9mm pistol. Unfortunately I am in a “strapped for cash” situation and I need the money, so NO TRADES. I have no interest in selling to any buyer in a state where they cannot legally own it, so please don’t waste our time. This gun is used and is being sold “As Is” but it is my understanding that Springfield honors the warranty on these pistols.

This is the rare 2nd Gen. HS2000. The defining features for this generation are the half height serrations at the rear, the lack of forward serrations, the addition of textured grip panels on the side, and the addition of the accessory rail on the dustcover. This is different than the first HS2000s, and different from the Gen. 3 pistols that later became the XD. I’ve been lurking around on this forum since ~2004, and this has been the ONLY second generation pistol I have ever seen either on the net, or in person.

I fired this gun for 200 rounds prior to having it hard chromed by Accurate Plating and Weaponry, and to had them install Meprolight night sights, which are 4 years old. APW hard chromed ALL the metal parts per my instructions, with a few exceptions. The parts left alone were the extractor (good idea on their part), the guide rod & springs, the firing pin safety catch/block, and what I can only refer to as the disconnector. The slide was finished in brushed hard chrome on the sides, and the top of the slide was left matte for glare reduction. Accurate Plating and Weaponry does great work and is well known throughout the industry, having done the factory finishes for many manufacturers such as Caspian, KBI, Kel-Tec, Kahr, Springfield, and Rock River Arms. I have the paperwork for this work performed, so there is no question about who did the work, or the quality. I will be including the receipt for the work, b/c I think this kind of proof is important in this day and age. I have put 700 rounds through this pistol, 200 before giving it to APW, and 500 after the chrome job.

The hard chrome and night sights installation cost me $144 from APW, and the night sights cost me $70 from my local dealer. The mags cost $25 each.The hard chrome is nice and slick, and it cleans up so fast and easily, it’s the easiest gun I've ever had to clean. The only "flaw" I can see on this pistol is the last "0" in the HS2000 engraving was shallow from the factory, as you can see in the pics.

Included with this pistol is one original 10 round magazine, one .40 S&W mag that has the modified feed lips to feed 15 rounds of 9mm, and three Springfield Armory 15 round mags (witness holes on the side, SAI crest on the spine) that were available before they started offering 16 rounders. That’s 5 mags total. I would like $450 FIRM+ shipping for this pistol with all the magazines. Will only ship to your FFL. My dealer will give me a decent price on shipping via UPS, but if you require another carrier, you will be responsible for any additional fees, as I will have to go through another dealer.

Best way to contact me is through my email.
Priority will be given to the emails with the earliest date/time stamp.
I am putting this up on XDTalk first and foremost, but I will inform the forum if/when I offer this for sale locally or on other forums.

Thanks for looking,

[email protected]

·
Registered
170 Posts
That's one FINE gun! I'd love to get it but now's not a good time for me.

Will only ship to your FFL. My dealer will give me a decent price on shipping via UPS, but if you require another carrier, you will be responsible for any additional fees, as I will have to go through another dealer.
Let me guess.... Evan? :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts