1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTS-Bushmaster M4A2 Heavy Barrel-Alabama

Excellent Condition.

Face to Face at this time only.

If you live in a surrounding state, PM for a meeting point.

$850.00

Will post pictures on Friday. Will not have camera till then.

Thanks for Looking ;)

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
pictures would help.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
WTS-Bushmaster M4A2 Heavy Barrel-Alabama

If you live in a surrounding state, PM for a meeting point.
Beautiful rifle and an excellent price...it looks new! Just a heads-up...don't violate any state or federal laws by selling a firearm FTF to someone other than an AL resident without involving an FFL. Selling across state lines without an FFL is a no-no to the best of my knowledge. I am sure you don't need any time in jail or a huge fine! :oops:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Beautiful rifle and an excellent price...it looks new! Just a heads-up...don't violate any state or federal laws by selling a firearm FTF to someone other than an AL resident without involving an FFL. Selling across state lines without an FFL is a no-no to the best of my knowledge. I am sure you don't need any time in jail or a huge fine! :oops:
I was advised by a FFL Dealer that it is legal to sell (a long gun) only to a individual in a state that touches the state that I reside in. Handguns must go through a FFL Dealer.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Huh...news to me. I need to check into that for future reference. I just made a guy in PA about forty miles across the border from me do an FFL transfer because I was told that anything crossing state lines had to be done through an FFL (told by my local FFL who had no monetary interest in the deal as I shipped the rifle directly to the guy in PA's FFL).

In any event, that is a gorgeous rifle. Best of luck with the sale!! BUMP!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Very nice rifle, I have one very similar. One question, what is FTF as opposed to FFL? I 'm drawing a blank here.

·
Super Moderator
3,140 Posts
ATF FAQ's link:
ATF Online - Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms

(B16) What record-keeping procedures should be followed when two private individuals want to engage in a firearms transaction?
[Back]
When a transaction takes place between private (unlicensed) persons who reside in the same State, the Gun Control Act (GCA) does not require any record keeping. A private person may sell a firearm to another private individual in his or her State of residence and, similarly, a private individual may buy a firearm from another private person who resides in the same State. It is not necessary under Federal law for a Federal firearms licensee (FFL) to assist in the sale or transfer when the buyer and seller are "same-State" residents. Of course, the transferor/seller may not knowingly transfer a firearm to someone who falls within any of the categories of prohibited persons contained in the GCA. See 18 U.S. C. §§ 922(g) and (n). However, as stated above, there are no GCA-required records to be completed by either party to the transfer.
There may be State or local laws or regulations that govern this type of transaction. Contact State Police units or the office of your State Attorney General for information on any such requirements.
Please note that if a private person wants to obtain a firearm from a private person who resides in another State, the firearm will have to be shipped to an FFL in the buyer's State. The FFL will be responsible for record keeping. See also Question B3.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What TACOMALO wrote is true. An unlicensed person can sell a gun to someone in his/her own state. An unlicensed person cannot sell any gun to a person of another state. The adjoining state rule that your FFL told you about applies only to an FFL.

An FFL can sell a long-gun and do the NICS check for a person of an adjoining state. For instance, if a person from Tennessee was in a gun store in Alabama they could buy and transport a long-gun home. However, a handgun has to be transferred in the state of residence, as does a long-gun for a resident in a state that is not adjoining. I am an FFL and have been through this before.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts