Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've heard rumors of the .45 gap. i know about 9, .40, and .357.

will there be one in standard .45 ACP? not to start a flame thread on the bullet issue...i just wanna know if it will be offered in that caliber.

thanks. :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
I dont think any of those rumors are true.Springfield would have to totaly re-design the pistol for it to fit the 45acp.If you really want a 45acp get a 1911

·
Registered
813 Posts
.45Gap should be available this spring.
Springfield states that there will not be a .45acp version because it will require a brand new design from the ground up but you never can tell. Demand for a product can give them a reason to reconsider.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Here is the review on the already produced, but not available (yet) to the public, Springfield Armory XD in .45 GAP.

http://www.military.com/soldiertech/0,14632,Soldiertech_XD,,00.html

XD in .45 GAP was the featured pistol on the cover of the NRA magazine, American Rifleman several months ago.

I am just happy as heck with my XDs in 9mm. :D

·
Banned
3,861 Posts
I could deal with a little change in the physical characteristics of the XD if they wanted to produce it in ACP.
I wouldn't think they would change the USA Action Trigger System (Ultra Safety Assurance).
I really like the way my HS2000 feels in my hand, but most 1911 .45ACP pistols feel as good or better.
The safety and firing designs of the XDs are what impress me the most.

bd

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Like the Colt Ace, I would like a XD in .22 rimfire :shock: :lol:

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
c22m22c said:
i just wanna know if it will be offered in that caliber.

thanks. :)
no

·
Registered
31 Posts
:D called sa, they will ship .45 g.a.p. end of the month service 4" only. 9 round mag. not to sure on mag capacity, the lady on the phone didnt sound to sure. my guess wouold be @ least 10.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts