Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I'm looking to start carrying something since the birth of our second child. We have had numerous break in's around my neighborhood and I really just dont feel safe leaving my family to go to work. Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

Trying to stay in the 200-400 range.
Condition not that important (looks wise) as long as it's dependable.
I have a guy that refinishes right up the road if I think it needs it lol

Thanks everybody!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Check out kel-tecs. P-11 or a P3at both good guns in that price range.

Brent

·
Registered
815 Posts
u could get a used glock or xdsc for around 400! these can serve as ccw, HD and nice range guns. if range use isnt of much importance then a kel tec p3at in .380 is abou 250ish. but as far as dependability and reliability goes the glock and XD are number one chioces in ur price range! just MHO tho

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
200-400 range you got some decent choices.

Used or Factory Refurbished Glocks
CPO SIGs
Used XD's
Kel-Tecs
Rugers
Smith & Wesson M&P with the $50 rebate is under 400
Smith & Wesson Sigma with the $50 rebate

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Man you must talk to my friend Moezilla. He's got a Bersa CC W/holster W/ extra mags for Cheap!! Look for the thread in the WTS thread. Tell him I sent ya.
I own 2 Bersa .380's and they rock!

JhankG has some sound advice as well.:D

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Get yourself a rock and a stick...

That way when Nobama takes away the guns, you won't have lost anything and the money you would have spent can go towards your child...

I am looking for my stick now, I already have the rock...it once was a nice XD9SC but Nobama will magically change it into a rock...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very funny about the obama thing, but he's gonna have a fight takin guns away. And as far as the rest of ya, I can't ever find the good deals on guns. Anybody that knows somebody, hook me up. And I did PM your buddy PLINKER TY

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
My vote would be bersa 380, used Glock or XD if you can find them. If it's something that is going to stay for HD make it a Mossy 500 20 guage that way your wife can handle it if need be. You can get that used for about $150.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Hey, is the guy that refinishes for you Ernie from Hoosier Guncoat?

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
I'll ditto others and say that used Glocks and XDs can be found in your price range, and keltec's are a good deal for concealed carry.

I'd only add that Kel-tec's aren't fun or comfortable guns to shoot, but they're practical to carry.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes sir to the Ernie at Hoosier Gun Coat!!! He's done some amazing things to stuff around there. You did hear that his shop was broken into right?? lost about 12 guns, personal and customers at that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts