Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Open to any offers: progressive/single-stage presses, tumblers, .45 ACP dies, brass, bullets, powder. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Have you reloaded before ? if not start off with a good manual.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have not reloaded before but definitely will get some kind of manual. I think I've seen enough on youtube and have read enough in the ammo section here at xdtalk though. Lots of information. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I have not reloaded before but definitely will get some kind of manual. I think I've seen enough on youtube and have read enough in the ammo section here at xdtalk though. Lots of information. Thanks!
Well after you get done reading or researching your reloading you have to decide on what style of equip you will want, the sky is the limit
You will have S/S, Progressive, Turret etc....
Dies of your choice
Scales
Calipers
Bullet pullers
1-3 Manuals

If you don't have any equipment you can do it for as little as a couple of hundred for a S/S but if you go Progressive and load multiple calipers you can 5x that price and then you add components on top of that.
You can go to places like Ebay and buy used and get pretty good deals on dies and presses from those that thought they wanted to reload and did for a few months and then sold it off
S/S presses require more stuff on the bench vs. a Progressive so in this case you pay more to have less but production is 5x, I can easily produce 300 hr of 9mm on my progressive, rifle is alittle less as I check it more often.
The biggest PITA is brass prep for rifle, pistol is pretty easy

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies. I went with a Lee Turret kit and a carbide die set that includes a die that checks the size of the final round. Only things I need now are a tumbler, a micrometer to measure the OAL even after the factory crimp die, a bullet puller just in case, and maybe a couple more manuals (I only have one.)

Are you willing to part with those manuals only, Boomer?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts