Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The WSJ published the article on July 31. A good read. It may be paid content so the three key hurdles are:
  • Will it work?
  • Will it be safe?
  • Can we get it to people?
After sending it to people I received an interesting reply and pasted it below. I'd never thought about storage for perhaps two billion inoculations.

The report correctly states immunogencity is key, but does not open the lock to a successful vaccine. Efficacy needs to be demonstrated as well, in addition to safety and avoidance of something called vaccine-enhanced disease. I was on a project with respect to the former ($500B+ project) that was cancelled due to a loss of confidence for efficacy during an interim analysis. Regarding the latter our dengue vaccine caused enhanced disease in patients who were primed with dengue before being vaccinated.

Storage is also an issue and these mRNA vaccines (unless I am wrong) all need -20C or lower for storage. That is not ideal for mass distribution efforts. Our vaccine is a subunit protein vaccine and can be stored at 2-8C. Also there is no mRNA vaccine yet licensed so their mountain to climb for approval is higher.Anyway. some thoughts to share.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
I worry about longer term affects on people.... how many drugs are we seeing that were approved just find by the FDA, and 10 years, 20 years later all of a sudden they are known cancer causing drugs, or have other side effects. A 6 month, 9 month or even 12 month trial isn't going to necessarily provide enough data to determine all effects I don't think.

Besides, isn't huge numbers of Zombie outbreaks caused by an immunization gone wrong?? :oops::oops:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I can't wait to see the lawyer commercials in TV for this.
"If you took a corona virus prevention drug and you later suffered from gangrene of the face, arms or genitals causing amputation, call dewey, cheatem and howe
we have billions of dollars set aside for you, call now"!

·
Registered
18,869 Posts
I can't wait to see the lawyer commercials in TV for this.
"If you took a corona virus prevention drug and you later suffered from gangrene of the face, arms or genitals causing amputation, call dewey, cheatem and howe
we have billions of dollars set aside for you, call now"!
I had the EXACT same thought, if you think there are too many lawyer commercials for taking X Y or Z and want to sue, or you were a boyscout and something happened to you, or whatever, wait until this vaccine is out and something, anything goes wrong with it.

Still, it's pretty impressive they are able to work at this speed. My guess is some people may THINK they're not taking it but your job or something else is going to require you take it.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
@ Snaphook... that is exactly where I am..... my employer is going to require it as grounds for continued employment. (They already have us juiced up with about a gallon of other chemicals to work in S. America or Africa or Malasia ... what's another quart of poison)...... So I don't think they will even give it a second thought to require this next chemical.

·
Registered
19,986 Posts
No way in heck am I letting them inject my kids. Their risk from Covid is virtually nil. There is no way they can know if the vaccine will have any long term side-effects.
the fact that they are per-producing it, makes it even worse. If there is a problem with it, will they take the huge financial hit of destroying their product? or are they going to try to hide the problems and cash out before its time to pay the piper? that is if the stupid laws in place even allow them to ever get sued even if it is obvious that crap was going down.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Just a little morning math. Lately I have been watching Canada, cause they were quick to shut down the border. Alberta has had 209 "covid-related" deaths, whatever that is. And as it happens, in 2017, they had 290 traffic-related deaths. Did they stop the use of all personal vehicles?
We are being played.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
What I find interesting is how it seems everything is(was) all set up for this.

Food delivery
On line everything
Home school
Work from home
No real hiccups in switch over in a blink Etc etc.
Seems the transition is just to smooth
Suddenly we can “find and develop” a reliable vac in under a yr?!
Yet we have not conquered the common cold or many other illnesses in yrs of trying.

Dunno whether its coincidence luck skill or bs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chief Medical Officer Says Canadians Who Refuse Vaccine Won't Have "Freedom To Move Around"

While the title and article are a bit of a manipulation/stretch on the comment, it raises questions about how this might play out.

I am personally in no rush to take an INJECTED vaccine that has been rushed through testing. Normally the testing would take years (especially for children), but this vaccine has been developed and tested in less than 6-8 months.

I'll let someone else play 'Factory Test Pilot'...

·
Registered
19,986 Posts
Chief Medical Officer Says Canadians Who Refuse Vaccine Won't Have "Freedom To Move Around"

While the title and article are a bit of a manipulation/stretch on the comment, it raises questions about how this might play out.

I am personally in no rush to take an INJECTED vaccine that has been rushed through testing. Normally the testing would take years (especially for children), but this vaccine has been developed and tested in less than 6-8 months.

I'll let someone else play 'Factory Test Pilot'...
lets not forget it is the first ever vaccine of its class to be released.
The Zombie Pandemic is far more likely to emerge from an mRNA vaccine than a virus. I don't want my children and future grand-kids to be genetically harmed by the mindless panic of this latest Chinese Plague.

ps. If this vaccine cause widespread infertility like so many would want it to, we don't even get to sue the company pumping it out, into oblivion.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
SO looking forward to the mandatory vaccine, accompanied by the mandatory PICTURE ID CARD, which is fundamentally racist, and of course, cannot suffice as proof of identity or citizenship when voting.

Then think about how a national mandatory repository of your heath record will forever change your access to airplanes, military installations, grocery stores, the alcohol and drugs you consume. Interesting times ahead.

·
Registered
19,986 Posts
Merica is STILL a FREE country (for now anyway)
I WILL NOT be taking the vaccine.
Hell I dont even do flu shots.

Sheeple please awaken from your stupor.

Save for that the SCOTUS has ruled in the past that Big Brother can force a vaccine into you.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Save for that the SCOTUS has ruled in the past that Big Brother can force a vaccine into you.
Well Id still have to go and receive it.
There is always that.
And I believe that was more directed at recruits not the gen pop.

·
Registered
58,404 Posts
Also my immunization and vaccination records

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Reactions: windsearcher

·
Registered
58,404 Posts
The first mRNA vaccine, rushed through design and testing, pushed into use in the real world.
mRNA vaccines: What they are and how they work

What could go wrong?...
Right!

So far, the movies have called it from the beginning.

Virus
Rapidly spreads around the world
We have a vaccine
Ridged election
Early test subjects showing strange signs of mutations
ZOMBIES
THE END

and the sh*t show is just beginning

Yeah Us

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts