Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how I ordered the wrong pistol size, but I did. I have Xdm 3.8 compact .40 cal. I ordered Springfield Armory XDm 3.8” .45.
Question there probably isnt going to be too much flop since it would be just the barrel?

Not sure yet, it wont be here for another three days

·
Registered
12,060 Posts
The big difference between the XDm .45 and 40S&W is not the barrel. It's that the .45 slide is slightly wider than 40S&W. Which may create an issue with retention of the 40S&W.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
A lot will depend on which holster you ordered and what type of retention they use. What did you buy?

Reactions: masterchither

·
Registered
514 Posts
My XD45 and XDM 10mm will fit in the same holster but my XDM 9mm is narrower and rattles in either of those holster. If yours is too loose in the holster, send it back and get the right one, what’s the problem?

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
I have a XDM9 5.25 and a XDM10 5.25 and I am able to use the same holster.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A lot will depend on which holster you ordered and what type of retention they use. What did you buy?
I purchased Vedder LightTuck™ Kydex IWB

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
I purchased Vedder LightTuck™ Kydex IWB
You may find that there are no problems with it. There isn't any active retention catches or trigger locks, etc.... hopefully you'll luck out an not have any problems.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You may find that there are no problems with it. There isn't any active retention catches or trigger locks, etc.... hopefully you'll luck out an not have any problems.
I will know for sure tomorrow. It will be delivered. I was just thinking what a hassle to ship it back.

Reactions: windsearcher

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Well fits like a glove! I don't feel any play in it, and the retention is fine! Thank you all for your help!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts