Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Rite In The Rain Notebook and now need a pen to go with it. Half the people on Amazon suggest the Rite In The Rain Pen while the others the Space Pen. Has anyone tried either with one of their notebooks?

·
Registered
509 Posts
We get the write in the rain pens and pads at work and they work... ok. The paper is grainy so the pen doesn't flow as well as i would like, but that is the price for writing in the rain!

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
I carry a survival pack when the family and I go camping/hiking and I carry one of the mini-Sharpies with me as well as a standard pen and pencil. I can write on anything with a Sharpie as well as use it to leave markers. Seems most flexible, is relatively inexpensive, and can be found anywhere. I also have a mini Space Pen as well as a full size Space Pen, but I have them out of memorabilia as I used to work at the Kennedy Space Center and bought them while there. I wouldn't carry them in the woods. Sharpie for me.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
I love space pens. I carry them at work. The write in the rain all white pads seem to flow a little nicer. The green ones are grainy and not as enjoyable to me :p

I think in a SHTF scenario though, I'd go with a pack of sharpies.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I use write in rain on the daily...I use regular pens.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I have had a space pen for yearssss and still has the same in cartridge. small enough to carry around in your pocket.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I have always used a pencil

1 - 13 of 13 Posts