Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Normally not, but to answer your question probably not unless you are having major rust issues. Every talk group you will find people that just wont answer the question but do have to throw in alittle poor attitude. Ask your questions and ignore the replys...becuase some one will answer.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Welcome to the forum :D

SnakeEater obviously thought you were yankin' his chain so he gave you a hard time.
If you really are a newb then he might owe you an apology but you'll have to take that up with him direct.

As for the rest of us, we welcome FNG's because we were all one once before.
Feel free to ask me anything you want and if I don't have the answer I'll make one up, just kiddin' There are a bunch of very knowlegeable people on this forum so don't be shy and ask away!

Good luck & Good Shootin' :mrgreen:

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
I know what your sayin,
I don't know how many posts i have done where nobody responds, buts it's a lot.
if i do a fresh post i can get one or two answers
if i respond to somebodyelses post, i rarely get any indication that anybody saw it.
i think its a matter of the old timers look at how many posts you have done, or if they recognize your name, then decide if you are worthy of their time. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Buttttttttt

i still will keep lookin at the sight, i can still learn from others posts.

but it is , i dont know, demoralizing, demeaning, that most dont answer or respond nicly if at all. :evil: :evil:

hey
welcome to the group-

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
to put your question in perpective.

its like going to a car forum and asking if honda will cover tire, brake pad, and wiper blade wear(of course not, these are normal wear n tear items). now you can see how snake thought your question was rather silly. you being new to guns however, im sure you meant it in all sincerity.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
I thought your response was worse than anything else

crzybotr said:
toby's be sorry to axesin such dumb questions, maasa no let toby use dem books.....

thanks for the answer jackass, a simple no would have sufficed.

it must be sad to feel so poorly about yourself you need attempt to belittle other people to boost your own self esteem.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
tec said:
I know what your sayin,
if i respond to somebodyelses post, i rarely get any indication that anybody saw it.
i think its a matter of the old timers look at how many posts you have done, or if they recognize your name, then decide if you are worthy of their time. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Buttttttttt

but it is , i dont know, demoralizing, demeaning, that most dont answer or respond nicly if at all. :evil: :evil:

hey
welcome to the group-
BTW< most people seem to ignore me here, or try their damndest too... I dont care

Everyonce in awhile I get comments such as you
" pretentious, viperous, rancorous little, little man"
Then i know my job is done

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
We still love you, just dont take offense too quickly. Enjoy the forum, we are mostly nice guys here

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
NExd said:
tec said:
I know what your sayin,

Buttttttttt

hey
welcome to the group-
BTW< most people seem to ignore me here, or try their damndest too... I dont care

?????
i love you too man

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
tec said:
NExd said:
tec said:
I know what your sayin,

Buttttttttt

hey
welcome to the group-

?????
i love you too man

AWWW, FEEL SPECIAL. :oops: :lol: FEEL THE LOVE EVERYONE. GROUP HUG

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
I try not to hog the answers (just 'cause I got 'em all). :wink:

Some questions are about opinions, so I don't often respond unless it's for humor.

Some questions are about "problems" but they are really about opinions so see above.

Some questions are about real true problems so I will respond if no one else has and it's been a while, or if I think the answers are drifting away from where I think the solution lies. If someone has already answered the question I don't chime in with a "me too" very often.

Some questions have such long answers that I figure somebody with more energy than me will respond.

To answer bcrzybotr's other thread, holster wear should not be covered, that is patina enhancing the appearance and not detracting from the function. That's my opinion. :!:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Wow! is right. Have you folks noticed that we are getting a lot of new members lately? Let's cut them a little slack, guys. We no longer have a FAQ sticky and the search function is pretty useless right now. I for one am always willing to answer a question, if I know the answer. If not, I won't reply. No offense intended, just no need to add a useless post. So ask away, new guys. Most of us are willing to help.

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
garyk said:
Wow! is right. Have you folks noticed that we are getting a lot of new members lately? Let's cut them a little slack, guys. We no longer have a FAQ sticky and the search function is pretty useless right now. I for one am always willing to answer a question, if I know the answer. If not, I won't reply. No offense intended, just no need to add a useless post. So ask away, new guys. Most of us are willing to help.[/quote

ah-men bro

praise the lord
and pass
the damm
ammo

·
Registered
347 Posts
Welcome to the group :) Rather new here myself, just about a month or so. Does anyone know if a new FAQ is being worked on, so that folks have a place to start out?

·
Premium Member
24,884 Posts
msidner said:
Welcome to the group :) Rather new here myself, just about a month or so. Does anyone know if a new FAQ is being worked on, so that folks have a place to start out?
Yes!...A new FAQ is being constructed as we speak (type).

Welcome to the forum crzybotr!...Ignore the lame attempt at humor. We all suffer from the occasional bout of "Smartass". :)

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Frenchy said:
msidner said:
Yes!...A new FAQ is being constructed as we speak (type).

Welcome to the forum crzybotr!...Ignore the lame attempt at humor. We all suffer from the occasional bout of "Smartass". :)
Some more so than others :twisted:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
nikon777 said:
to put your question in perpective.

its like going to a car forum and asking if honda will cover tire, brake pad, and wiper blade wear(of course not, these are normal wear n tear items). now you can see how snake thought your question was rather silly. you being new to guns however, im sure you meant it in all sincerity.
what about a bumper to bumber warranty? :D

i'm just new to the whole gun OWNER thing, i'm a swat medic, so i know my way around them, i've qualified w/ sigg 226; hk mp-5, mp-5k, ump; as well as ar, 12g, 40mm, and less than leathal munitions. so until recently i've never bother to own one (or 3), and if anyone breaks into my house, i'll never get a shot off, my dobe will chew on them before i get a chance.
as an instructor for various things i've kept the mentality that the only stupid question is the one not asked. sorry to create so much drama boys, i'm still in that new car owner phase when you don't want to drive in the rain or you park in the far back of the lot. much like my bowels, it'll pass.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.