Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to sell a few 9mm firearms and buy a 1911 45 cal. I like my XDe but is the least used of my 9mms. Never sold a firearm online so not really looking to do that. Took it to a LGS and a pawn shop. LGS offered $125 and the pawn shop offered $145. It is like new...4 mags, box and range bag, kydex holster. Those offers were very sad. It will rot in my safe before I give it away.
Material property Plastic Automotive exterior Gadget Fashion accessory
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Airsoft gun

· Registered
3 Posts
Looking to sell a few 9mm firearms and buy a 1911 45 cal. I like my XDe but is the least used of my 9mms. Never sold a firearm online so not really looking to do that. Took it to a LGS and a pawn shop. LGS offered $125 and the pawn shop offered $145. It is like new...4 mags, box and range bag, kydex holster. Those offers were very sad. It will rot in my safe before I give it away. View attachment 866132 View attachment 866133
Anytime I take my firearms to the LGS I always consign them, that way you get the best price and can get it back easily if it does not sell. I have the XD-E in .45 ACP and the XD-E 4.5" in 9mm (also have the 3.3" slide in 9mm I got off Gunbroker as a parts kit, so effectively swap slides one frame two slides like Glock Legos). If yours was the XD-E 3.8" 9mm I'd take it off your hands in a heartbeat as I am looking for the XD-E 3.8" slide or full XD-E handgun.

Cheers and goods luck!

· Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply genin88. Yep...mine is the 3.3". I should have just bought the 3.8" 45 cal to begin with. Have a lot of people telling me I am over cautious about selling on line, maybe so. I might do some investigation on it.

· Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the reply genin88. Yep...mine is the 3.3". I should have just bought the 3.8" 45 cal to begin with. Have a lot of people telling me I am over cautious about selling on line, maybe so. I might do some investigation on it.
If your referring to a XD-E .45 ACP that has a 3.8" barrel, I don't recall Springfield ever creating one. The .45 ACP was limited to just 3.3" (trust me I would love to have a .45 ACP in 3.8" size). If you end up keeping the XD-E just use Gunbroker and search the gun parts kits, there a few companies (Gunbusters) that destroy the frames and sell the remaining parts.

I have a Canik TP9SF Elite that I picked up a TP9SF slide for and a TP9DA that I picked up a TP9SA slide for. So two frames, four slides. Last will be the TP9SFX slide that I can use on the TP9SF Elite frame. It's all about maximizing what you have and plus those kits provide spare parts. I do that with my Glocks as well, especially the Gen 3 G19/23/32 mix.

Cheers,

Scot

· Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If your referring to a XD-E .45 ACP that has a 3.8" barrel, I don't recall Springfield ever creating one. The .45 ACP was limited to just 3.3" (trust me I would love to have a .45 ACP in 3.8" size). If you end up keeping the XD-E just use Gunbroker and search the gun parts kits, there a few companies (Gunbusters) that destroy the frames and sell the remaining parts.

I have a Canik TP9SF Elite that I picked up a TP9SF slide for and a TP9DA that I picked up a TP9SA slide for. So two frames, four slides. Last will be the TP9SFX slide that I can use on the TP9SF Elite frame. It's all about maximizing what you have and plus those kits provide spare parts. I do that with my Glocks as well, especially the Gen 3 G19/23/32 mix.

Cheers,

Scot
I meant the 3.3" model. I have a few more places to see how I can do...maybe make a deal for a partial trade in on a cheap 1911 they have for sale. The LGS and pawn shop did not have any used ones that were in the inexpensive.....lower range.........ok down right cheap..cheap cheap models for sale

· Registered
798 Posts
My advice would be to keep it...

Reactions: Alferd and JoeOU1

· Registered
2,192 Posts
I meant the 3.3" model. I have a few more places to see how I can do...maybe make a deal for a partial trade in on a cheap 1911 they have for sale. The LGS and pawn shop did not have any used ones that were in the inexpensive.....lower range.........ok down right cheap..cheap cheap models for sale
Yeah LGS & Hock shops always lowball then sell high as you have found out. FWIW I have sold only one gun in 58 years, I buy them for a reason.

· Registered
14 Posts
In the world of 1911s, cheap or inexpensive doesn't mean poor quality or low features if you trade your xde for a 1911. there are some pretty impressive inexpensive 1911s coming out of the Phillipines and Turkey, etc.
I like my XDE as well and shoot it well, but so far it has not replaced my PPS as my daily carry. Wife bought herself a Walther CCP this weekend. I am impressed with it, but have not shot it.
Considering Springfield discontinued the xde after not that long of a run doesn't help resale value. Personally, I think it's specs are outstanding.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

· Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In the world of 1911s, cheap or inexpensive doesn't mean poor quality or low features if you trade your xde for a 1911. there are some pretty impressive inexpensive 1911s coming out of the Phillipines and Turkey, etc.
I like my XDE as well and shoot it well, but so far it has not replaced my PPS as my daily carry. Wife bought herself a Walther CCP this weekend. I am impressed with it, but have not shot it.
Considering Springfield discontinued the xde after not that long of a run doesn't help resale value. Personally, I think it's specs are outstanding.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Actually looking at this for my cheap 1911 purchase. SDS Imports 1911 Duty B45 45ACP 5" 8+1 Reviews are pretty decent on it, looks like it might be worth the price.

· Registered
18 Posts
When you take it to a gun-shop or pawnshop they will only offer the wholesale value. If I could buy a used pistol from a broker or jobber, I wouldn't offer more than that to someone off the street.
You could put it up for sale in the classified section for what you want for it. If no-one agrees it won't sell. But you'll know your value was too high for this market. You can adjust the price, take it down, or wait for someone to come along and see your advertisement and decide it's just what he wants, and buy it.
Be sure to list all extras; magazines, grips, threaded barrel, mag well, etc. Round count if you know it, or estimate it.
Lots of pictures...

· Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
When you take it to a gun-shop or pawnshop they will only offer the wholesale value. If I could buy a used pistol from a broker or jobber, I wouldn't offer more than that to someone off the street.
You could put it up for sale in the classified section for what you want for it. If no-one agrees it won't sell. But you'll know your value was too high for this market. You can adjust the price, take it down, or wait for someone to come along and see your advertisement and decide it's just what he wants, and buy it.
Be sure to list all extras; magazines, grips, threaded barrel, mag well, etc. Round count if you know it, or estimate it.
Lots of pictures...
I have a little wiggle room as far as the asking sell price and I am not out to be unreasonable. I post it in a few gun forums but I want Face to Face buying arrangement. I sold another firearm yesterday to a friend...a .22 revolver and it helps with the overall out of pocket for my new gun so I can take my time selling the XDe.
I did post pictures and list all the extras as you suggested. Personally I think $300 is lowest I go and would be a fair price with all the mags especially, but seeing how it is a discontinued model that might not be worth it to many buyers. They are great firearms, shoot well and accurate...the 8 rd mags are what I do not like so that is why I picked this of my other firearms to sell for money to lower the cost of the 1911.

· Registered
2 Posts
The XD-E is simply not a popular or well-known gun that most shooters perceive as desirable. Bluntly, appearance is also an issue with the XD-E, with frequent rude comparisons to HiPoints.

Consider a couple of better-known and arguably more popular small hammer-fired guns - the S&W 3rd Generation 3913/3914/908 series and the current S&W Shield EZ9. What crosses your mind when you think of those guns compared to an 3.3" XD-E?
  • As long or longer?
  • As tall or taller?
  • As heavy or heavier?
  • No more or less capacity?
Each of the above statements is true, even though that is not the perception most people have of the XD-E.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts