Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been offered both a Taurus PT92 Stainless and an XD 9mm Service for my Sig-Sauer P6/225 Pistol... The Sig is a German import from their police department, but this particular one appears to have been unfired before me, other than the factory........

I do not really know..... but the aforementioned pistols are what have been offered...... should I trade?

G

·
Not sure if your looking for an even monetary swap,but Im pretty sure that the sig is worth a bit more than either of those two...Might could sell it, buy one of the pistols plus some ammo...just my 2 cents, though

·
Registered
512 Posts
For the Taurus, no. For the XD, maybe. That's a beauty of a SIG and most don't look that nice. Now if you're looking for a higher capacity gun, the XD is a great way to go. If you're not specifically looking to trade, I'd keep it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Of the two I'd prefer the XD, but you may do better as the other poster said by selling it and buying. Now if you were offered a like condition XD45c . . . . . I would not even think of looking back after the trade.

I like my P220 and P229 but I LOVE my 45c.
Slugger

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
Are you in love with the Sig? Two good guns for one sig sure. What condition are the other guns in?

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Are you sure the P6 hasn't been refinished? The VG ones are going
for $300.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I want to make sure I'm reading the post right...have you been offered both guns as in the Taurus and the XD for your SIG (i.e. both guns for your one gun in one transaction)? If that's the case I'd do it in a heartbeat, then dump the Taurus.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Honestly I wouldn't do the trade. Both of the guns you're offered are a dime a dozen. Your P6 in the condition that it looks, is pretty hard to come by IMO. I have a P6 and it's beat up, but I like the character and wouldn't get rid of it 'cause it's a great shooter. If mine were pristine, I'd toss it in the safe and buy a beater P6 to play with.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I want to make sure I'm reading the post right...have you been offered both guns as in the Taurus and the XD for your SIG (i.e. both guns for your one gun in one transaction)? If that's the case I'd do it in a heartbeat, then dump the Taurus.
I agree. :cool:

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Are you a collector or a shooter? That P6 is too nice to shoot up. I'd get it looked at and if it hasn't been refinished, then u could probably get more than an XD9 for it.

That said, if you want a gun to shoot, I'd trade it in to the highest bidder and buy an XD AND another used P6 that may have more wear but you won't feel guilty shooting.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
My thoughts exactly! Go for it.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts

As much as I love my Sigs, I agree with the above post.
I would think you could sell the Taurus (and I definitely would) and use that money to start your funds on another P6.
But that P6 looks like is in pretty good shape.
If you're a collector, then keep the Sig, if you're a shooter, then do the trade.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
I'd take the trade as well.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
for two guns, yeah, then sell the taurus and buy another P6... but frankly that p6 looks sweet... i'd probably just keep it, buy another p6, and see if the person will trade for that one;)

cheers

·
Registered
355 Posts
P-6's aren't hard to find, and aren't expensive. 225's that are unfired are hard to find, but you don't have a 225.

I'd trade, sell the Taurus and buy another P-6 if you wanted one. There are several places that can refinish a beat up P-6 for under $200.00 if you wanted to have it done. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts