Springfield XD Forum banner

would you go to dance club if they changed the music now and then?

• yes i would still go cause the music or crowd doesnt matter

• no..i like the same crowed and music each time i go

• i just go for the hot chicks ..screw the music!

• im to busy to go out because im playing madden 08

Results are only viewable after voting.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a friend that is opening a bar/club that will play mostly top 40 dance music...but a friend of his is trying to talk him into letting his shag group whitch number around 150 people have one night a month...they bring in pretty good money at other venues...i think this will drive out any regulars that might start comeing the other nighst but my friend is torn between making a profit and his friendship with the shaggers.

im hopeing to show him this post/poll to show him what other people think

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
First off, What the hell is a "Shag group"????

That being said, what's wrong with having a few nights that play different music? You could have 80's rock night, or Raggae night, etc.

One of my all time favorite bars had a Jukebox with everything from Tammy Wynette to SLAYER to Tupac. They were always PACKED, and they made a fortune off that Jukebox...

-Because if someone didn't like the Bad Religion song or whatever was playing, they'd be more likely to get up and put in some money to hear some Skynyrd or whatever.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a style of dance its hard to explain ,older people do it at the beach alot...i think its from the 50's

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Oh, ya mean like Frankie and Annette? :p

·
Registered
639 Posts
My mind was totally in the gutter... I was thinking something like an Austin Powers "Shag" group :p Now that would draw a crowd (just not my type)!

·
Registered
411 Posts
One night a month isn't a real big deal i wouldn't think, Me and a bunch of buddies use to go out to a disco bar we didn't do it for the music we went out for the ladies and just to drink, With that said i don't think the regulars will mind a different pace for the night the regulars are there for a reason,close to home,cheap drinks and etc.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
I work 3 days at a local country bar, but Thursday they do a hip-hop night. It now draws more people than Fridays and Saturdays. The regular country crowd still shows up even with the different music and people.

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
Depending on the town, different venues can be a good thing for a bar.

Case in point, a bar here in Sioux Falls does karaoke one night a week. The bar is pretty much packed that night because in addition to the regulars, the karaoke crowd shows up.

Another bar (very lifestyle tolerant is the PC term I guess) is a pretty good dance club and attracts lots of straight people. One night a month or so they do a drag shows on a Sunday night. Two shows back to back and they get really good crowds for it. If you don't like that sort of thing, but like to dance, just don't go on the night they have drag shows.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
You poll doesn't really seem fair. Yes, to me the music matters, but to answer your question, they music should be changed from time to time. If the "shag" music wasn't pulling in the crowds on Thursday night, change it to Rock or something else..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts