Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I went to the gun show 3 weeks ago a guy had around 100 P Mags for 20.00. I called him and asked him if he would have any more for the show this weekend he said he might have around 200. That is if is shipment made it in time. He said that they would be 25.00-27.00 for black windowless. I myslef am tired of waiting for these mags I want them bad So I would pay 25.00 for them. I'm only looking to get like five more right now as I have some others on back order. My question is this if the guy has them in stock for 25.00 or so do any of you want some? I do not mind buying extra and sending them to you. I know some will say 25.00 is to much and yes it is 10.00 more than what we were paying but I hate to wait and want the goods now. Anyone else?

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
I wouldn't. Stock will build up once the buying frenzy slows down. I have no doubt Obama will try to ban whatever he can, but he has so many other important things on his plate right now that it will be long enough to get plenty of pmags before he can do anything.

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone know how many mags they make a day? I would think they are running the plant 24/7 365 right about now? Anyone have inside info?

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Damn that dude. 25.00 for windoless pmags? Might be worth it to you, but to me it shows he is a money grubbing wh*r3! Taking advantage of the times. They aren't that crucial to me anyway. Just my fitty cents worth.

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
Would I buy PMags for $25 NO

Magpul hasn't raised their prices, still $14.20 for non-window.

Does anyone know how many mags they make a day? I would think they are running the plant 24/7 365 right about now? Anyone have inside info?

Originally Posted By Magpul:

We have thousands of PMags being made daily. All these mags ship out within 24 hours to dealers around the country.

Best thing to do is to get on a back order list and you will probably get them before the year is out.

AR15.COM :: Forums :: Whats up with P mags, cant find anywhere

·
Registered
315 Posts
make a note of that guy and tell everyone u know not to do business with him.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I'm good. I just need TJ to send me a message back !!!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Sorry to say this, but you would be enabling and prolonging this type of price gouging if you go along with this price. Why throw your hard earn money away for no reason but drummed up fear?

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You are right now that I think about it. I mean I told the guy at knights shooting he was crazy. They had a Leo only marked colt that a friend of mine bought three days before for 1490 with 2 colt mags and two Pmags at another dealer down the road. They had there's marked at 2,200 dollars. The more I think about it the more you guys are right, I know two weeks ago you couldn't find a mini 14 anywhere in Pinellas. Now Knights has both a Ranch style and a NRA mini. So yeah things come and go. Magpal needs to make more than thousands. There are guys on Ar15 that would buy thousands just for there own use. But if he has them for 20.00 then I would buy them. If I order offline I have to pay five or six dollars shipping and weight it out.

·
Banned
7,749 Posts
Would I buy PMags for $25 NO

Magpul hasn't raised their prices, still $14.20 for non-window.

Originally Posted By Magpul:

We have thousands of PMags being made daily. All these mags ship out within 24 hours to dealers around the country.

Best thing to do is to get on a back order list and you will probably get them before the year is out.

AR15.COM :: Forums :: Whats up with P mags, cant find anywhere

mvician is right on here. Stupid to pay nearly double when you can probably get them at the $14 level in a month or two. I know there is panic about Obama and a new ban but take a step back and look at the big picture. There are too many other much MUCH more important things for him to try and tackle than another AWB that will be immensely unpopular and cost him dearly in political capital.

Sorry ..... didn't mean to post a political type thread in the AR room. I gotta say all this frenzied "I can't get PMAG's" and "would you pay double for PMAG's" and "I just bought my first AR" panicked and frenzied buying is bordering on the absurd.

With that said I think the Magpul line of products are awesome and would highly recommend them.

·
Registered
158 Posts
CheaperThanDirt online has the windowless PMAGS in stock 30 round for the price gouging 24.95

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts
CheaperThanDirt online has the windowless PMAGS in stock 30 round for the price gouging 24.95
A great reason never to use CTD ever again....ever, for anything.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Dynamic Armament is even worse ... I think they are $30 and $35.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Just order them and wait. If people keep buying them at the inflated price's now before the ban just wait untill after.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Get on the list at aim surplus. I ordered 5 solid, black at 15.09 each shipped. The sales guy told me it could take 6 weeks but but I should have them in 3-4 weeks. I don't think that is too bad.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
I myslef am tired of waiting for these mags I want them bad......../..........but I hate to wait and want the goods now.
Just curious as to why you would want these so bad that you would be willing to pay $25-27 each for one?

Get some backorders in with one or two companies and you will get some eventually. May take awhile but they will be at fair prices. I am not against someone making a profit on items, but it seems like this dealer at the show is trying to make obscene profits. I can assure you his costs did not go up on these mags.

I have 12 Pmags (20 and 30 rounders) I bought before the election and just got a package yesterday from Bravo Company with 12 30 round Pmags that I ordered on the 27th of Nov. (Thanks again to Nikon777 for posting that Bravo Company had these in stock on the 27th!) The cost for 12 Pmags (14.20 ea.) plus shipping (8.95) was $179.35. Bravo Company even sent me a carbiner type key chain with "BravoCompanyUSA.com" marked on it! I will definitely be making more purchases from Bravo Company in the future. They are an outstanding company and "good peeps"!

I have backorders in with 3 different companies for 10 Pmags each. If I never receive these backorders I can live with it. If I didn't get the ones I did from Bravo Company I could have lived with it. If I didn't have the 12 Pmags I bought before the election I could have lived with it.

Pmags are awesome! I glad I have the ones I do. But if they never invented Pmags we would all still be using metal/aluminum mags and would enjoy them just as much. The metal/aluminum ones I had before the Pmags all worked fine and they will still work for years to come.

So......do I want some Pmags for $25.00 each? NO.

But............ I do THANK YOU for thinking about us on XDtalk and I appreciate the fact that you were willing to purchase these for anyone who wanted some but were unable to get them. It was mighty nice of you to do this.

And hang in there. These will be available down the road.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
While I don't have a big problem with paying a small "premium" to have something I really want RIGHT NOW, especially in the current climate, paying twice the value of a product is just price gouging at its worst. Whether it is $28-30 PMAGS, $120 LPKs, or $400 stripped lower receivers...it is just WRONG!!!

I would rather wait and take my chances than to support this kind of price fixing/gouging foolishness!!!

Also, if I didn't see it above...make sure to post the name of the dealer that is gouging people. We need to make a master list of these folks and their practices for reference later.

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
Your just the type unscrupulous dealers prey upon. If your patient, you can find Pmags at normal price like I did just last week. I alerted the forum and several people here were able to get in on the deal as well. I've bought a number of Pmags after the election and paid normal prices on all of them.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Seriously people, stop bitching and moaning about "price gouging". Prices have to rise in the face of rising demand in order to ensure that supply remains available - it's unbreakable economic law. If you want shortages, then force the price to remain the same while demand increases. You want to get what you want when everyone else is after it too? Then shut up and pay the premium.

"But it's only worth $15!!!" Yes, to you. To the people paying $25 or $30 for them, they're obviously worth more to them than the increased price. If your feelings get hurt by being outbid, don't go to Ebay.

Rant over.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts