Would you buy an XD22 ?

• Yes

• No

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my XD's. I currently own 2, and would like to own a few more.

I'm about to buy a .22 - probably the Ruger MKIII 22/45.

I was thinking... wouldn't it be sweet to own a .22 that mimics my XD's???

So I contacted Springfield. None in the works. None that customer service has heard of. But they will pass my suggestion along.

So I wanted to know - would you buy one if they were available?

All the best,
Glenn

·
Registered
295 Posts
I posted a thread on here about a year ago lamenting the lack of action from SA on a .22LR conversion unit. My dad has one for his 1911, and it's a blast!!! Cheap, too. You can plink all day for $10 in ammo. Good to use when you take first-time shooters to the range, as the centerfire stuff can be intimidating to some who have never shot before. It seems to me they'd sell like hotcakes, but oh well.

Jim

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Where's the option for maybe? I would consider it. But it would really depend on the price and how reliable it is. I think the coolest looking .22s out there are the walther p22 and sig mosquito, which is what a xd22 would be competing against, but I have hear way too much about them being extremely finicky about ammo.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Where's the option for maybe? I would consider it. But it would really depend on the price and how reliable it is. I think the coolest looking .22s out there are the walther p22 and sig mosquito, which is what a xd22 would be competing against, but I have hear way too much about them being extremely finicky about ammo.
yes, my walther is extremely picky with ammo. only shoots rem. golden bullets, federal blue brick, and rem. subsonics.
i would probably go for a 22 conversion for my xd. my walther has a lot of rounds through it and i'm looking at replacements for it.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
I would also buy a .22LR conversion kit for my XD.

And as I have stated many times on this forum, I have "dibs" on the first one made!

All of the rest of you will have to get in line. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,471 Posts
How about a Carbine that accepts the XD45 mags?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
An XD is an XD. I like the idea of the .22 (not as much as a conversion but i have given up on that just like the idea of an XD10.) That being said i would probably be willing to part with my P22 if they were to come out with one.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
I have a Ruger 22/45 that has quite a bit of work done to it (trigger, sights, grips, extractor, sear, etc.), but I would drop it in a heartbeat to have a XD22, wether it be a conversion kit (if proven reliable) or a whole gun.

·
Registered
940 Posts
+1 for conversion kit, but not a dedicated XD22.

I like my 22's. I have a 70 Series Service Model Ace (1911 Colt, I sold all my Colts except this one), High Standard Sport King and Ruger MKII Govt. I have conversion kits for Sig P226 and CZ75B (Kadet). I will get a Sig P220 conversion and a Kimber conversion soon.

If I buy another XD or XDM it will be a different caliber, 9mm or 45.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I think a conversion kit would sell much better since there are so many XD's already out there and just about everybody loves the .22lr.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
a 22 is not enough firepower.
You don't buy a .22LR for the firepower! You buy it to plunk all day for around $15+/-. Paid $13 for a Winchester box of 333 .22LR rounds and shot the hell out of it on Saturday. Try that with a 9mm/40S&W/45acp.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
My thoughts exactly! Based on the XD's that are available now and they reputation I would assume the 22 to be a quality gun so I voted yes.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts