Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
I am having one delivered in the morning and it is a 4 inch with the deal and all this will be my second xdgap. He says in the description that they wont be avalable for three months why not wait and pay half of the buy now price. the pistols are good but not that damn good. Plus you can direct order an xd45gap from the custom shop for about the same price.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I've got an XD9 and was thinking about getting a 45GAP. I was watching one the other day, that was on gunbroker, with a buy it now price that would have got it to me delivered for $489. The seller had lowered his price $20 after two short auctions and I was hoping he would drop anther $20 before I bought it, but someone else used the buy it now feature and bought from under me.

If one comes up for a reasonale price I will get it. As of right now, I already own a Glock 37 and I have a Glock 38 on it's way. It should be here on Monday.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
THAT'S AS SUPER A DEAL AS THE $75.00 , 10 ROUND GLOCK MAG ON EBAY....BEST HURRY ON BOTH :lol:

RON

·
Registered
245 Posts
was6113 said:
Check out this auction on gunbroker. What a bonehead. I am putting a 1 cent bid on it and hopefully no one else bids on it so he can see how stupid he looks.
Because he has stipulated a reserve price, he is protected against a low bid. This means that he can opt not to sell it unless the price exceeds the minimum. Generally, the reserve price is not shared with the public.

Watching this bid will be educational. It will show how highly the buyers will value the XD45. How high do you think it may go? My guess: The bidding will climb and the seller will make some profit.

·
Registered
556 Posts
His astronomically high "Buy It Now" price is going to hurt his sales. Many people will see that and figure that making a bid is a wasted effort.

-James
(...makes this stuff up as he goes.)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Meta4 said:
His astronomically high "Buy It Now" price is going to hurt his sales. Many people will see that and figure that making a bid is a wasted effort.

-James
Yes - $1000 for an XD45 is a bit curious, isn't it. For that amount, we could purchase an HK or a Sig and have some left over.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Meta4 said:

-James
My same thought, you could get 2 XD Gap's for that if you just look around, they have one at my local gun shop for $475.

·
Registered
556 Posts
My same thought, you could get 2 XD Gap's for that if you just look around, they have one at my local gun shop for $475.
If this guy somehow manages to be successful in his sale, you should snap up the gun from your local gun store and see if you can pull off a repeat. I've come to believe there is no end to stupid people that are willing to part with their cash in a hurry.

-James

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mcone said:
was6113 said:
Check out this auction on gunbroker. What a bonehead. I am putting a 1 cent bid on it and hopefully no one else bids on it so he can see how stupid he looks.
Because he has stipulated a reserve price, he is protected against a low bid. This means that he can opt not to sell it unless the price exceeds the minimum. Generally, the reserve price is not shared with the public.

Watching this bid will be educational. It will show how highly the buyers will value the XD45. How high do you think it may go? My guess: The bidding will climb and the seller will make some profit.
I am aware of how the bidding process process works. My point was that this guy is attempting to be a con artist and if everyone sees that they will let it rest at 1cent so hopefully he gets the message. I doubt he would be bright enough to do that though. This guy is full of crap, note:

$1000 buy it now price
Claiming the box and acc. only come with gun if you use buy it now
Claiming it is the only one available for three months
$35 shipping

Makes you wonder how he got so many positive feedbacks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Perhaps he's gambling on the publicity that putting an idiotic "buy-it-now" price might bring. Look at the number of hits his auction has had. Time will tell whether such a gamble will pay off.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
was6113 said:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=29904173

Make sure you read the description where he will include everything in the second picture for the buy it now price. HaaaaaHaaaaaa.
LMAO at the Buy it now price!
THere is a reserve waste of time to bid!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ribbler said:
Perhaps he's gambling on the publicity that putting an idiotic "buy-it-now" price might bring. Look at the number of hits his auction has had. Time will tell whether such a gamble will pay off.
Yeah, but if I was as big an idiot I wouldn't want that many people(amount of hits) to know it.

I don't know about you. When I do a search for guns on the internet, I don't screen them by $1000 buy it now prices either.

·
Registered
181 Posts
If someone comes along and pays $1,000 for the gun will you still be calling the seller an idiot?

·
Registered
55 Posts
was6113 said:
Ribbler said:
Yeah, but if I was as big an idiot I wouldn't want that many people(amount of hits) to know it.

I don't know about you. When I do a search for guns on the internet, I don't screen them by $1000 buy it now prices either.
Then again, perhaps such an idiot doesn't have the sense to figure any of this out!!

I've seen two posts in different forums pointing out this auction. No doubt its received a lot of traffic from the forum readers.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tango Sierra said:
If someone comes along and pays $1,000 for the gun will you still be calling the seller an idiot?

Well, then he becomes a con artist and an idiot and whoever bought it for that much would be an even bigger idiot.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ribbler said:
I've seen two posts in different forums pointing out this auction. No doubt its received a lot of traffic from the forum readers.
Would that other one happen to be the one I started on GT also? LOL

1 - 20 of 31 Posts