Springfield XD Forum banner

Would you be shocked to hear Barrack has been shot?

• YES

• NO

• NO Comment

Results are only viewable after voting.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you heard Barrack had been shot?

No, I am not saying or implying anyone to do that. I was talking with my mom and I said something about how long would he last. She gasp and stated I shouldn't even think of that. So, I asked her, "Would you be shocked if you heard Barrack has been shot?"

me, no, I would not be shocked....

·
Premium Member
8,922 Posts
While I would not be surprised, I do NOT hope for it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I was 5 when Kennedy was shot. I was born to a democrat family and they were quite taken by the man. I was sitting in front of a Bradford B&W TV watching the motorcade wind through Dallas. I repeated the announcement to my mother who was in the kitchen doing typical homemaker chores that day. She crumpled to the floor in shock and tears. Later she telephoned my dad who worked as a printer for the Toledo Blade. He already knew, but told her the whole story as they knew it and said he'd be late getting home.

I was similarly perched in front of the TV during Bobby Kennedy's death and during the King killing. The TV played in the background for Ford's shooting and the Reagan attempt.

I would NOT be surprised by an attempt on Obama, weather or not he is elected--similarly for McCain. It would NOT even surprise me if somebody took a crack at Bush in the closing days of his presidency.

I've heard a number of rumors; some almost credible, concerning this group or that one and 'certain plans'. I've discussed the possibilities with a number of concerned friends; you are not alone in considering such an event. The possibility of political assasination is simply a fact of modern life--sad, disgusting and repugnant, but still a fact.

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
I would not be surprised at all....

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I think "shocked" might be the wrong word for it. I would be somewhat surprised, but certainly not "shocked".

Theres alot of gun-toting white trash out there that would be willing to do it (obviously Im not saying that those of us that have guns are white trash, but you know the kind of people Im talking about, the ones that your embarrassed to be around because of their ignorance etc.) . But I think that most people that think that way have an IQ probably equivalent to a heroine addicted spider monkey.

And at the same time, secret service is damn good at they're job. And they also know that there are probably going to be more threats on Obama then on any politician in recent history. So they will prepare accordingly.

Personally, I think that if Obama were to be elected, the ABSOLUTE WORST thing that could happen, as far as second amendment rights is concerned, is if he were shot and killed. That would put an equally anti-gun Joe Biden in the presidency with ammo (so to speak) to use against gun rights. The anti-gun groups would have a field day passing one piece of legistation after another against law abiding gun owners.

The best we can hope for is that Obama simply doesnt win tomorrow.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

and perhaps pv?
implying?? I am not fishing for anything and as far a posting in PV, I was thinking of that, but there are far too many newbys that could chime in on this topic. Its not necessarly a political topic, but rather a question to the american people...

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not saying going from the grill to the fire is better, but some people in our country don't think that far ahead... a... unless the VP goes too.. then what?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Nothing in this day and age would "surprise" me.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
3rd in line would be the speaker of the HOUSE. If Oboma is elected I wish him a long life. But I have already vited for McCain.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
I wouldn't be shocked in the least bit, but it would be very sad. (And no, I am not a fan of BHO.)

·
Registered
428 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised at all.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Why are we more concerned about this with Obama than McCain? I have heard this several times on this board, but no similar remarks about McCain. What is it about Obama that you think makes him more of an assassination target than McCain (or Kerry or Gore or Clinton, if you want a Democrat for comparison)?

·
Registered
15,712 Posts
Why are we more concerned about this with Obama than McCain? I have heard this several times on this board, but no similar remarks about McCain. What is it about Obama that you think makes him more of an assassination target than McCain (or Kerry or Gore or Clinton, if you want a Democrat for comparison)?
if something happened to McCain, we get Palin.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't think McCain is going anywhere.. Shot down, Shot up, beat up, pow thing, cancer.. geez.. he won't go away anytime soon.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I would be absolutely stunned unless, like kennedy, he decided to abolish the fed or something else that goes against the NWO agenda. but considering his and his wife's close ties to the CFR, and his having general globalist agenda, i don't see it happening. if you think your average joe could get close enough to any standing president given modern security, you are fooling yourself. if it happens, it will be because the elites wanted it to happen, and i don't think they would.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Shocked, not at all. I think i'd be more shocked if it doesn't happen. It's been a while since someone tried to take out a president. The whole thing is with obama is just crazy. Those kids already were planning on it, so I willing to bet its only a matter of time.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts