Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my every-day belt. I don't CCW often because of my job, but when I do I like to use the same belt I normally wear. Taking into consideration I'll be carrying a Walther PPS with a CB SuperTuck, does this belt look like it will do the job?

Carhartt - Product - Men’s Anvil Belt

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Looks like it could work to me. But guess you won't know for sure until ya try it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
It may work, but it won't work like a dedicated, designed for the purpose gun belt. For an inexpensive (for a gun belt), alternative look at Wilderness Tactical Belts. I use their Frequent Flyers Belt with polymer insert and absolutely love it.

My gut feeling is that the Carhart belt isn't going to be stiff enough to support the weight of your gun and therefore won't conceal as well as it needs to.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
It may work, but it won't work like a dedicated, designed for the purpose gun belt. For an inexpensive (for a gun belt), alternative look at Wilderness Tactical Belts. I use their Frequent Flyers Belt with polymer insert and absolutely love it.

My gut feeling is that the Carhart belt isn't going to be stiff enough to support the weight of your gun and therefore won't conceal as well as it needs to.
Lol not everyone can get away with a belt that looks like what I used to wear in boy scouts. If you need a leather belt that you can wear in the office I have heard the Amish belts from Amish Belts - Black are good. I have one in the mail so we will see.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Lol not everyone can get away with a belt that looks like what I used to wear in boy scouts. If you need a leather belt that you can wear in the office I have heard the Amish belts from Amish Belts - Black are good. I have one in the mail so we will see.
You got to wear one of these in Boy Scouts? I had one that worked similar to this in my high school football pants. LOL!

Wilderness Tactical also has the Instructor type buckle as well. If you need something for dress I would suggest Beltman. My leather "big boy belt" (HAHAHA!) is by High Noon and is two strips of leather sewn together with a polymer insert in between, very supportive.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help. I've seen the Amish but not the Blackhawk. Guess I'll look a little closer at those. I don't need anything too expensive, since I'm supporting a PPS and not a 1911. Unless it really makes THAT much difference even on smaller guns...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts