Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Would i be crazy to sell my beretta px4 storm .40 and my 92fs inox to get another XD? I have the sc xd 9mm o/d green

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
Never sell any gun that you enjoy to shoot. Save up for the other XD IMO.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
It depends on what you have, and what you want. I have an 92FS Coast Guard LE that my father bought me. I would never part ways with it. I did though trade a CZ .40, and .45 for my .40XD. After shooting my fathers .357 sig, and got a good deal.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
My general rule of thumb is to never sell or trade a gun unless I don't like it. Cause if you like a gun for some reason or another, you WILL regret getting rid of it at some point down the road.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yea... it's rare to sell something, but something else, and be left with something with more value.

A dealer makes money when you trade on in, and when you buy one so after it's all said and done, you've got a lot less "equity".

Unless you just don't like it, meaning it's value to you is low anyways, I'd say save up.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Guns are like cars they depreciate. Unless they are rare, or a collectors item. I traded a CZ .40 AND .45 for my XD. Both of them were $400 new. The .40 was a frankengun. Deal gone bad between CZ, and Colt. I had to have a polish job, and buy new mags to make it work correctly. The .45 was too big for carry, and had no decocker. The XD was $549. He traded me even. Yet I got the gun, holster, two mag puches, and five magazines. It was a 75th bonus pack. So really I did not loose in my eyes.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Would i be crazy to sell me beretta px4 storm .40 and my 92fs inox to get another XD? I have the sc xd 9mm o/d green
I say do it if you aren't happy with your Berettas.
That PX4 is ugly, but that 92FS INOX is sweet.
My first pistol was a Stainless 92FS, sold it to buy a Sig P229.
I've sold many a firearm to purchase another one.
No regrets..........:rolleyes:;)

·
Registered
192 Posts
yes, NEVER sell or trade a gun if you have already learned how to used it. it was really a lost for me that i sold my 1st gen. hs2000 9mm and bought i glock:(. anyway i sold the glock and got instead an HS40 TACTICAL;-)

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
ive sold quite a few guns to buy new ones, never have regreted it once. just make sure that you really dont want that gun your selling

·
Registered
90 Posts
If your PX4 has the "trigger sting" like mine did then it's a no brainer.......SELL IT! Beretta tried to fix it and even replaced it and the sting was always there,so bad that my finger would be numb after 4 or 5 rounds and after 30 or 40 rounds I couldn't fire the gun. It seemed to be a 40cal problem than other calibers but selling the gun was nooooooo problem for me, especially after shooting the XD. Check out beretta.forum and you'll see how big a problem they have with this gun. I priced mine down real low and told the buyer about my history with the "sting" and told him if he fired the gun above 50 deg he would be ok, he loves the gun. One man's junk is another man's treasure!:D

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've never had a problem of any kind with either of my beretta's. I think i'm just getting borded with them. I've been eyeing up either XDM or a sig 229.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Gun dealer near my house has a new xd 45gap and he has had it for a long time and just wants to get rid of it. He said he would sell it at cost 380. That might be worth trading my 92 inox in for. what do you think.

Edit: Took my px4 storm up to the my local firearms deal to sell so i can get the XDM 9mm. I couldn't get rid of both my beretta's so the px4 storm was sacrificed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts