Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never gone against range rules but how would they know if you pumped some FMJ down range?

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
Having actually worked at an indoor range where the backstop isn't designed for steel jacketed or steel core ammo, we find out the next day when the big dents have screwed-up the backstop.

Or we find the Wolf 'brass' hidden in the trashcan.

Then, we go through the night's video, figure out who you were and cancel your membership without refund, praying you'll sue us so we can counter-sue for the damages and win.

Any other questions?

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well YIKES!

I do not have any steel core jacketed anything. Just the commercial stuff that isnt HP.

:shock::shock::shock::shock:

·
Registered
127 Posts
If you're just talking about fully jacketed rounds (like cheap practice ammo) instead of hollow points, why WOULDN'T they be allowed? If you're only allowed to shoot jacketed hollow points that would get ridiculously expensive.

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
I got fired from there for not catching someone shooting a .22-250 and puncturing the backstop.

Life is good.

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Having actually worked at an indoor range where the backstop isn't designed for steel jacketed or steel core ammo, we find out the next day when the big dents have screwed-up the backstop.

Or we find the Wolf 'brass' hidden in the trashcan.

Then, we go through the night's video, figure out who you were and cancel your membership without refund, praying you'll sue us so we can counter-sue for the damages and win.

Any other questions?
That was about the most clear cut response straight to the point response yet.....very nice!!!

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you're just talking about fully jacketed rounds (like cheap practice ammo) instead of hollow points, why WOULDN'T they be allowed? If you're only allowed to shoot jacketed hollow points that would get ridiculously expensive.
Not allowed. The three places that I shoot at two have small signs that say "No FMJ". The last is whatever is legal in Texas. ALL of them are outside into heavy dirt berms.

Sorry you got fired.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
The range I go to requires all ammo to be at least 50% jacketed and prefer FMJ, but nothing that could be considered as AP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts