Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just wondering what the opinion is on these dry lubes. I currently use Break Free CLP and if it's real dirty Butch's bore shine

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
No....and No

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
No neither one of those two, but I have used a product from Dow Corning called 321 Dry Film Lubricant. I do not spray it directly on the pistol though.
I prefer to spraying into a small cap and apply it with a small artist brush. I like the way some of these Dry Lubes work but I am a little concerned with how doxic they might be. I certainlly would not spay anything using it in an enclosed non well ventilated room.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Have not used either of those products. But both seem like they could work OK as a dry film lube for the inside of the magazines and on the mag followers. I do not use a dry lube anywhere else on my pistols. Prenently using 'Super Lube with (PTFE) Dri-Film' from Ace Hardware.

·
Banned
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so I take it from you all that a wet lube is the preferred choice? Like I said I have always used CLP. I just got to thinking that maybe a dry lube would lubricate just as good and not attract dust and dirt.

Maybe there is just too much friction to use a dry lube?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts