Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to piece together an ar from psa,but am wondering if they make a good product. I'm just looking for a reliable toy.

·
Premium Member
128,164 Posts
IMO, yes, they do.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yes just as good as any of the names brands who charge 3x as much for the same stuff.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I have no complaints about PSA. Good kit.

I've built 3 complete AR15 rifles, 1 complete AR15 pistol, and 3 AR15 uppers using their parts. I recently bought 2 of their PA-10 (DPMS/SR25 style AR10) lowers to build up a rifle and pistol in .308W. Plus a few repair parts and other items...so I've bought quite a bit from them, since when they were a little bitty one store operation, and I have yet to be displeased with them.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
I built a lower from them, no complaints at all. The only thing I hear is it may take a while to ship and I think they mention that on their site.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they do, but the questions is...

...can you put together a reliable rifle?
I'm planning on buying complete upper & lower. From what I understand there is zero assembly other than what you would need to do break down the rifle.

·
Registered
11,703 Posts
I'm planning on buying complete upper & lower. From what I understand there is zero assembly other than what you would need to do break down the rifle.
So a complete rifle then. I wouldn't consider that piecing one together, much less a build (not that you're saying that...)...

·
Registered
768 Posts
yes. the only thing that sucks about PSA is no customer service and slow shipping. I guess thats two things but other than that they have top notch stuff at a great price

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Brass tacks first......

You have to be ABLE to purchase one from them first. ;) Everything under their roof seems to be sold out at this time, and has been for over a month now.

That should mean, "highly sought after items".

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Brass tacks first......

You have to be ABLE to purchase one from them first. ;) Everything under their roof seems to be sold out at this time, and has been for over a month now.

That should mean, "highly sought after items".
Ordered today & the only thing they didn't have was the bcg & ch deal that they had the day before. I went back to check something later & suddenly it was available again. Since it takes them awhile to ship,I'm gonna call tomorrow & see if I can still get it. Helluva price for a good ar.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have always had GOOD customer service and QUICK shipping from them!!

Just got 1200 rounds of Am Eagle 55g 5.56 for $5.99 a box which is less than .30 cents a round!! The only problem, I wasn't given an Email confirmation...but it arrived 5 days after I ordered it!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
PSA can be slow to ship high demand items like uppers. This was stated on their website last I saw. I have never had a problem with PSA, they have good products.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I may be a little biased since I live an hour away...but I'm a huge fan.Everything I've purchase there has been quality and I haven't had issue with any of their parts. (I haven't purchased from their cheaper PTAC line though) I think they are on par with Spike's Tactical, Ranier and BCM for the most part. I own parts from all mentioned and can't find fault from any.

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Always happy.

Some side notes taking their uppers apart can be difficult get the rail you want!

Slow

Op Ares armor has NiB bcgs for $100 and good bcgs for less. Get a bcm mod iv charging handle and be happy.

Safety is a momentary choice. Prior performance and certification are completely irrelevant.

·
Premium Member
8,307 Posts
PSA is one of my "go to places".
I usually wait for their sales and then buy too much....:mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts