Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This holster is the first IWB holster I have ever tried that suited me. I carried my 9mm service and I didn't feel self conscience at all. No problems with printing and it was extremely comfortable.

I can finally wear my 45 tactical if I choose without having to worry about printing.

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Congrats..I just got my supertuck about three days ago...I have got no compaints yet ..I already forget I am wearing it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Congratulations! It is a great Holster. I sure love mine.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Did you guys have to get new pants to wear your supertucks? Mine is on its way ...Hopefully this week. THey say you're supposed to get pants 2 sizes bigger....Not what I want to do... LOL

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have jeans and cargo shorts that are 1 size larger for carrying.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Did you guys have to get new pants to wear your supertucks? Mine is on its way ...Hopefully this week. THey say you're supposed to get pants 2 sizes bigger....Not what I want to do... LOL
Did we tell you that? If so I need to talk to the office gals.

One size up is generally plenty, if you wear your pants where you can breathe, sometimes the normal size is fine.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Did we tell you that? If so I need to talk to the office gals.

One size up is generally plenty, if you wear your pants where you can breathe, sometimes the normal size is fine.

Thanks for the response. I just heard from other people...not your ccompany. I can't wait to get mine though. I wear a blackhawk right now, kinda bulky. BUt it's winter so it's covered mostly. BUt want to wear some tshirts at work, so I can't wait.

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
That's exactly my experience. My pants that are one size larger fit very well with the Supertuck. My "regular size" pants are pretty tight to begin with; I can wear the holster with them, but it's not comfortable . . . and probably not good for the button on the pants either. :p

·
Registered
72 Posts
This holster is the first IWB holster I have ever tried that suited me. I carried my 9mm service and I didn't feel self conscience at all. No problems with printing and it was extremely comfortable.

I can finally wear my 45 tactical if I choose without having to worry about printing.
Congratulations! I am very much considering applying for my CC license. If I am so lucky, I would like to carry my XD45 Tac, maybe the XD-9 Tac (once I get it). I was just wondering how you felt about having the 45 tac on you. Does it feel heavy? Do you find yourself having to do a lot to make sure that it doesn't print?

I thank you in advance for your feedback.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I never heard that from anyone that you have to wear bigger size pants for any holsters,& i dont think crossbreed or any one else is going to suggest that it would be bad for business,I am considering a crossbreed holster for my revolver, & I sent Mark an E mail to inquire about his holster for revolvers, every one on this & other forums rave about his holsters, and his quality of work :cool:

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
I never heard that from anyone that you have to wear bigger size pants for any holsters,& i dont think crossbreed or any one else is going to suggest that it would be bad for business,I am considering a crossbreed holster for my revolver, & I sent Mark an E mail to inquire about his holster for revolvers, every one on this & other forums rave about his holsters, and his quality of work :cool:
I am looking forward to trying out my Crossbreeed....I thnk all I was saying was I had heard from a few people that they had to get pants a size or tow bigger. Never did I say that crossbreed said this. Just that I had hear it. If I dont have to do it, GREAT! I was only inquiring from others that have the holster if that is what they had to do.....

Jimmy

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
I never heard that from anyone that you have to wear bigger size pants for any holsters,& i dont think crossbreed or any one else is going to suggest that it would be bad for business
Well . . . this is an "inside waist band" holster, which means that both the holster and the gun are inside your pants. Therefore, your pants need to fit around both your waist and your gun -- so it's logical that you might need bigger paints to fit well.

To simulate it, just slide your hand inside your waistband (on the side, not the front :p) and you'll feel your pants tighten up.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congratulations! I am very much considering applying for my CC license. If I am so lucky, I would like to carry my XD45 Tac, maybe the XD-9 Tac (once I get it). I was just wondering how you felt about having the 45 tac on you. Does it feel heavy? Do you find yourself having to do a lot to make sure that it doesn't print?

I thank you in advance for your feedback.
Honestly, I could barely feel that it was there. The contact area on your body is so great that the friction of that large area seems to help support it. I couldn't feel any downward force on my belt at all. It didn't rub at all either. I really could forget I had it on.

The grip stuck out much less than my mag holder on the other side of my body. I am probably going to carry my 45 service compact most of the time. For my body shape, it will print the least. I would feel comfortable in cold weather with the larger grip, but in warmer weather the compact would be the best way to go.

also, I am wearing the same pants I always do. My legs are quite large so I already have to buy pants that are a little too large on my waist to get my legs to fit. Even wearing loose fit doesn't help that much.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into it as well. But I think I will go to the CC class first, put in the application, and hope for the best. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I received mine a few weeks ago and have been wearing it pretty much where ever I go carrying my XD40SC. It is very comfortable. I have not had to go up in pant size and before I put the holster on I could wear my jeans without a belt.

I highly recommend the Supertuck. And the mouse pad is pretty sweet too!

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
To give further info on the pants size question I did not have to resize my pants at all.... my supertuck fits and feels fine in all of my pants the way they were.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts