Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Super psyched--nice work Ajames! Gotta get 'er to the range and figure out where it's gonna hit. Duracoat finish is awesome, and I love the 24/7 sights.

·
Banned
3,861 Posts
Nice!

Have you been in the closet to see how bright that big ol' golfball is on the end of the slide?

Mine hit pretty much what the front sight is covering out to about 20 yards. Beyond that you may have to "adjust". I'd like to know if yours shoots the same.

Slick lookin' finish I might add.

bd

·
Registered
725 Posts
interested on accuracy of the sights too..
if i ever get around to getting a SC those will be the sights i get.

also in my opinion and advice..
i wouldnt fiddle with, mess with (taking pictures) of a gun with one in the hole..
have i done it.. yes.. am i dumb for doing it.. yes.. will i probably do it again.. yes

just had to say something against it

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
BeardXXXd said:
also in my opinion and advice..
i wouldnt fiddle with, mess with (taking pictures) of a gun with one in the hole..
have i done it.. yes.. am i dumb for doing it.. yes.. will i probably do it again.. yes

just had to say something against it

you sound like a woman... :wink:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figured somebody would scold me, and you're right to. :oops:

I WAS very conscious of the fact that it was loaded, and as such was very mindful of the 4 laws. Just too darn excited I guess...

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Its ok to shoot just please try to keep it away from a plastic holster and dont throw it at rocks for about two weeks until full cure. I am glad you like it though.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
ajamesp51 said:
Its ok to shoot just please try to keep it away from a plastic holster and dont throw it at rocks for about two weeks until full cure. I am glad you like it though.
:lol:

That is too funny!

Nice Work!

Let us know how those sights are SJP!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ajamesp51 said:
DOH! It's sitting in my CTAC on my right hip right now. DOH!

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Well I say plastic holsters becuase, grit can get in the holster and when your practice especially at the range that grit can get in the holster and scratch the finish becuase there is no give. Try some armor all on the inside of the holster to help.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Excuse me for being a noob but, what kinda grip do you have on there? It looks kinda squishy!
I have the sand paper stickers on my tac. I've been shooting it so much that my calus' (sp?) are all worn off!

Looks great BTW.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BigDaddy said:
Excuse me for being a noob but, what kinda grip do you have on there? It looks kinda squishy!
I have the sand paper stickers on my tac. I've been shooting it so much that my calus' (sp?) are all worn off!

Looks great BTW.
It's Pachmayr PAC-Skin, cut to fit. Jury's still out on it. It's not squishy--very rubbery and seems to provide better grip than the polymer, though we'll have to see what happens when my hands get sweaty. It adds some thickness to the grip, though not quite enough to make me really happy (big hands). You can get it in 5"x20" sheets. I didn't use very much for this, so there's plenty left over for my long guns.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yobo97sc2 said:
what color did you choose for the duracoat?
It's matte black, and Ajamesp51 does some texturizing so there's zero glare, exactly what I wanted. The pics don't do it justice--it's perfect. Highly recommend. :D

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I really like those sights.
I swear...so many choices to make for tax time!
How much were they?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
$110 installed, by Ajames....though if you send your gun in for only that you might have to pay a little more for shipping. I'd recommend getting a duracoat finish at the same time, like I did. $155 total. The duracoat is awesome!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thats how it should look out of the box. Good job, nice lookin piece.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts