Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 45gap Winchester Ranger sxt 230gr Hp LEO only ammo. Since the service model 45gap is my CCW I have been collecting as many different ammo choices as I could. This if my testing goes right will replace my speer gold dots. I will Chrono the stuff in both the 4 and 5 in xd and let you know what I come up with. Also I am going to do a water jug test to see how the round opens up or if it even works in the gap.

·
Premium Member
10,575 Posts
Just for kicks, freeze those water jugs first then shoot
them. Amazing reaction.

Ed

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Also I am going to do a water jug test to see how the round opens up or if it even works in the gap.
Please- beg Momma for some laundry detergent jugs. I know what .45 Hydra Shoks, .44 Mag Silvertips, etc. will do to those, and it'll give me something to guage your results by. I'll also shoot the .45 ACP 230 grain version of this load into the same medium, and then we can compare notes.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've carried the Ranger SXT in 9mm and .40S&W with confidence in varying bullet weights, and will probably use it in my XD45le which is on the way! I'd love to hear your results, but wouldn't be surprised if it did about .8" in 12" of Gelatin (like the .45 ACP). Guess we'll have to wait a while until serious BaGel test results trickle down to us commoners.

On the other hand, that's part of why I moved to .45. If ball's all I can get, well, it'll do just fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts