Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She's at the smith right now, getting fitted with new TruGlo Sights I got. I won't be able to pick her up for a week since the smith is backed up with work needing to be done. =[

Great, now I'm bored.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I feel your pain I bought my XDM 45 then had to wait 30 days to get my permit the whole time it sat at the store paid for, now I have ordered my 9MM and am waiting for it to ship here.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Be back before you know it !!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome, I call the smith and he informs me that they can't remove the sights on my XD and need to send it back to SA because they don't have a "multi ton press to remove the sights". It's going to take another 4-6 weeks just to do this.

Un-f***ing-believable.

·
Registered
204 Posts
just a thought,why didnt you use james at xd-hs2000.reading all posts about his work and very happy customers that had james install sights

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If he hasn't sent it out yet, go get the pistol and sights

Send just the slide to james @ XD-HS2000, it will cost you 20-30 bucks for install and you can have it back inside 4 days.
Good idea, I'm going by there tomorrow to talk to the manager since it took me calling after a week to actually get the truth why it took so long. I'll do that instead. I completely forgot James does this.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All of my sights are stock, but I know if I ever change them they are going to James, period, end of story.
For some reason, I just cant get used to the stock sights. I don't know what it is, but the TruGlo's are nice and easier to line up.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
For some reason, I just cant get used to the stock sights. I don't know what it is, but the TruGlo's are nice and easier to line up.
I don't ever really use the sights, I do the paralux thing and point shoot. Seems better as I hold good groups and in a SD situation, you won't have time to close one eye and aim. Though a colored glowing dot at the muzzle end would be nice, just have better thing to do with 100-150 bucks right now.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Another question, the smith was saying my rear sight is real hard to remove, and he cant do it because it's a much tighter dove tail then normal hence why he needs to send t to SA, can James work around this or same response?

I emailed James earlier, haven't heard back just yet.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Another question, the smith was saying my rear sight is real hard to remove, and he cant do it because it's a much tighter dove tail then normal hence why he needs to send t to SA, can James work around this or same response?

I emailed James earlier, haven't heard back just yet.
XD sights are known to be very tight and a pain in the butt to remove. Some have had success with a big hammer and a punch, but the sight press James uses really is the way to go.

I don't know an exact number, James could probably tell you, but my guess is he has done hundreds of sights, if not thousands.

You will not be disapointed. IIRC, he does them with 24 hour turn around for 20 dollars and same day turn around for 30.

Have confidence

1 - 14 of 14 Posts