Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I took my new Wolff guide rod and spring along with my factory guide rod and spring to the range to compare the two. I can't say that there was a heck of a lot of difference in the two systems.

I know this wording won't make a lot of sense, but the recoil with the 22lb Wolff seemed shorter and snappier with less a little less muzzle rise. And, the factory spring seemed longer and smoother. I seemed to get more muzzle rise with the factory spring, but for some reason it seemed a little more manageble. This is the second or third factory spring I've used. I'd guess this factory spring has about 1,200 rds through it - it's around it's half life.

I'm interested in anybody elses observations with factory vs aftermarket springs and rods. Thanks in advance.

Thanks
J

Oh yeah, I said I'd post pics of my Gun Kote finish job when I got my new digital camera and that was about a month ago. I can't figure out how to post the friggin' pics!!! I can't describe how happy I am with the gun kote. That is the toughest stuff I've ever seen. To give you an idea of what it looks like, look at the bottom of one of your factory mags. When I hold it next to the slide, I can't tell the difference in the finish, and it is very uniform over the slide. I am very pleased!

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
R/T Performance said:
I feel my Don's seems with smoother and yes fast recycle per heavier spring
Resize you pics go to image shack copy and paste link in a post
or email them to me [email protected] with a note you want it named and I will do it for you :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts