Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to replace my magazine springs for my XD 9mm subcompact and the only company I know of that makes mag springs is Wolff. Anyone know of anyone else?

Also, on their website, they offer 5% or 10% extra power... whats the advantages of having a more powerful spring in your magazine? Reliability?

Please help wise ones of the XD forum!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
What's wrong with your factory mag springs?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its been fully loaded ever since I bought it last year. I'm just making sure every thing is in working order. Wouldn't want to have a feeding problem.

Do you think the springs take longer than a year to become weak?

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I have a S&W 59 that I keep the mag loaded on works fine. The mag has been kept loaded since I bought it about 23 years ago. Of course I go to the range and shoot but as soon as I'm done cleaning I load the mag again. When I was going to school and was too poor to shoot often it would stayed fully loaded for over a year. Your mag springs should be fine.

Have had my XD-40 for going on 7 months mag is always loaded too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would I benefit from getting a more powerful spring? Would you happen to know the difference?

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
IMO a more powerful spring will make it harder to load your mags. It will also make it harder to set you mag in you pistol. A new recoil spring and guid rod would be a better choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts