Springfield XD Forum banner

Wolff Guide Rod

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Bubbaman 
#1 ·
I have a Wolff black guide rod in my HS2000. I like the look and it seems like it will work ok, but I haven't had it out to shoot yet. Does anyone have one of these in their XD, and how dependable has it been? :?:

#3 ·
Thanks Blackhorse. I've tried a couple of others and like this one the best. I just wasn't sure how it would hold up with no washer, etc.

#4 ·
I've got the Wolff, and the rod works great. However, I've had issues with the spring weakening and getting shorter with use and then not fully chambering rounds. I believe that the spring is too short to be effective when the slide is nearly closed. The factory spring never caused such problems and is noticably stiffer when the slide is closed. I will be trying the stiffest Wolff spring the next time out with my XD and see if it fixes the problem.

The single rod and single spring is a design standard with semi auto pistols and thus should work flawlessly. I'm not convinced that Wolff has gotten the springs quite right for the 4" XD40.

#5 ·
Thanks. My Wolff rod is on my HS 2000. I got the 19 lb spring. This is heavier than the original captive guide rod assembly (noticebly so). I think mine will be ok. I just hope the spring can't get past the rod in the slide end hole. :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.