Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few days ago I took my IOI AK out for a shoot. I probably went through 8-10 boxes of Wolf FMJ (Not mil-classic, black box)

With every mag, I had at least 2 dud primers and with one mag I even had a stovepipe.

Has anybody else had wolf problems?

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
Just a few days ago I took my IOI AK out for a shoot. I probably went through 8-10 boxes of Wolf FMJ (Not mil-classic, black box)

With every mag, I had at least 2 dud primers and with one mag I even had a stovepipe.

Has anybody else had wolf problems?
Pretty common with the black Box from Wolf...I'll spend a little extra and buy Barnual...

·
Premium Member
12,117 Posts
I've gone through about 500 rounds of Golden Tiger and never had a bad round. Maybe just lucky, but I think it's good stuff.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
I've gone through about 500 rounds of Golden Tiger and never had a bad round. Maybe just lucky, but I think it's good stuff.
Its just percentages...I've been having a lot of duds with 9mm WWB here lately-all from the same country too. And to my suprise, no issues with Wolf Black in 9mm or Brown Bear, and I have had issues with the Brown Bear many times. All of a sudden I get 500rds that work lovely and show less than a 50fps defiation....go figure :confused:

·
Registered
15,712 Posts
i never use the black box...only the military classic (camo box) ammo. out of 3000 rounds, i've had one dud

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
I've never had a failure with 9mm or 7.62x39mm Wolf, out of thausands of rounds of both black box and Military Classic. The 7.62x54R, though, seems to be less reliable. Out of a couple hunnert rounds, we've had like four or five failures.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Never had a problem running black box Wolf in any of my 4 SKSs. Admittedly, I have not run this ammo through my AK.

Although I have found that Barnaul runs great in my AK and its the cheapest thing out there right now in my neck of the woods. Academy sells it for 4.85 a box.

Silver Bear and S&B also runs great in the AK.

- brickboy240

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
Ive used military classic Wolf HP in my AK, no problems. I have a ton of Monarch 7.62x39 from the Academy deal, havent used any yet. I want to shoot off the military classic first

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I have shot probably 1,000 to 1,200 rounds all black box Wolf through my AK no problem. No even one slight hickup

·
Banned
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is there a possibility there is something wrong with my AK? I guess next time I shoot I'll get a different batch of wolf and see what happens. Maybe I picked up boxes from a bad case?

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
Is there a possibility there is something wrong with my AK? I guess next time I shoot I'll get a different batch of wolf and see what happens. Maybe I picked up boxes from a bad case?
Probably not unless your having failure to extract, eject, or feed....all of issues have been dud rounds, tearing the rim off and case separations. i've mostly had a few duds in the past couple of years (roughly 10,000rds or so between all my x54R, x39, and x39.5)

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I have no issues with the Military Classic in either .223 or 7.62x39. Regardless of weapon used either.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts