Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ajames.....maybe Im stoopid--lol......but what is the small spring for that came with the guide rod and big spring?

·
Registered
16 Posts
That little spring is not for use with XD's......it is included for use with a different pistol, so no need to use that little guy.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I ordered this combo and I didnt get the little spring did I just miss out. I ordered mine from pistol gear though is it supposed to come with all of the combo's yea or nay.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Are you folks having good results with your Wolff rod/spring sets? I found the spring took a set and was too short after a few hundred rounds, and it then had too little strength to completely bring the slide closed. Anybody else experience this? I'm back to the factory assembly now.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just put in a wolf guide rod and 21 pound spring last week. It ran like a top today running S @B 180grn FMJ as well as some SXT hollowpoints. The recoil seemed less and had alot less muzzle flip to it than I recall with factory assembly.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
ajamesp51 said:
Yes the wolff guide rod does include an extra striker spring...its for your xd.
Did I miss something when I orderd mine?? I only got one spring and one guide rod and a couple different washers ( I like the bronze one best)

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
We remove the small spring as guys have installed it and it has caused them trouble. When we ship the springs, we only ship the large springs, unless I forget to remove the small. The small spring is for a 1911.

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
XDforlife If you ordered dons guide rod then I do exactly like OldSchool does. For liability I remove the small firing pin spring brcuase it if for the 1911. Now If you specifically order the Wolff xd guide rod (black one with no washers) then yes that package also includes an extra power xd striker spring and I dont remove that one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts