Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Wolf ammo sucks but... I seem to have a very noticeable difference in accuracy compared to other stuff. Does it also have to do with the fact that the ammo is making my gun dirty even faster than I thought. What's your cleaning schedule for your gun?

·
Registered
15,712 Posts
i put WOLF through my AR last weekend. I thought it performed quite well. I was doing social shooting...nothing where precision was involved, but it performed well.

I clean each time i get them home...AK included.

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
if friends want to shoot the AR, let them shoot hte cheap wolf stuff. Save the higher quality brass ammo for yourself and zeroing.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Over 1k rounds each through multiple ARs without cleaning with no failures whatsoever.

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Over 1k rounds each through multiple ARs without cleaning with no failures whatsoever.
When you do clean it, would you take pictures of how dirty the bolt and guts are? I would love to see what 1,000 rounds of Wolf crapping in the receiver looks like. I think I have put about 200 rounds of Wolf through mine at one time and am amazed at how dirty it is.

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
Wolf is perfect ammo for messing around. As my dad would say waist of money but for me a lot of fun. I also always clean my gun at the range when I am done shooting so it is done and I dont have to do it when I get home.

·
Registered
15,712 Posts
Wolf is perfect ammo for messing around. As my dad would say waist of money but for me a lot of fun. I also always clean my gun at the range when I am done shooting so it is done and I dont have to do it when I get home.
i agree. $.25/shot WOLF 55 gr. 223 punches through 1/2 steel plates just as well as brass cased .223 @ .50/shot.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
I have plenty of Wolf for x39 and have used plenty of it with zero issues. I've also ran some through an AR, I prefer the cleaner stuff in an AR but it works just the same at close distances.

Now Wolf handgun ammo I will not use...it smells terribly!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts