Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I am new to the forum. Been reading it for quite a while. All the information you folks share here helped in my decision to get my XD.

I had an incident with the Winchester .40 cal I got from a local Wal-Mart. When my friend shot it in a Berreta 96 the first few rounds ran fine but before the clip was empty a fired round was stuck in the chamber. It took quite a bit of force to to get it out. Shot another few rounds and the same thing. Couldn't figure out what was going on until I looked at the unfired ammo in the box and noticed that they had a roll type crimp vs. leaving the leading edge of the case to headspace against. It looked as though the crimp allowed the round to slip under the sharp edge at the end of the chamber and when fired it jammed itself into the leading edge of the barrel. I have been looking in a few other Wal-Marts up here in NH and all the .40 cals have been the same. The 9's and .45's have the square shoulder. Any one else see this? I like the price of the 100 packs and still buy the .45 and 9mm but I will be looking elsewhere for the .40's

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I don't shoot .40 so I have no clue.

You may want to post this question in "General HS2K SA-XD Talk" forum. It gets more "traffic" than the ammo can section.

Good luck.

·
Registered
11,055 Posts
I shoot WWB all the time and have never had a problem. I'm not saying you're not, but it does seem interesting. I just checked my WWB against my Cor-Bon DPX and the WWB does appear to be rolled over more.

Has anyone else experienced this? I never have.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have not had any problem with wwb .40 S & W ammo in my beretta 96 nto my xd while i had it.

I have probably put four or five thousand rounds of it down range in .40 S & W.. I will take a closer look at the ammo versus all the other .40 stuff tonight...

On a side note... how does your extractor look. For a while Beretta had a hardness problem with their extractors...

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
The only problem I've had is getting a bullet loaded backward.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anoher happy WWB .40 S&W shooter, however, I have started to notice that my recent 100 round purchases seem not as "clean" brasswise as jsut a couple months ago.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I tend to get a couple every few hundred rounds that i have to eject with a tap rack....Every once and a while you get a bad one. I just check every round as i insert into a mag.

Had the backward bullet and also a few 9mm in my .40 box as well..

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
My XD40 5" eats up WWB yum yum yum (1000+ rounds, not 1 problem yet); although it seems like the the Blazer Brass is less messy and I like the smell of the CCI powder better.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i've fired several thousand rounds of wwb 9mm, 40, and 45. not a single one of them ever misfire, causes jam or have quality problem.
do you have any pics of your ammo showing the crimping problems?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts