Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29,877 Posts
Ranger-T +P is an excellent choice--if your gun likes it, and if you can shoot it accurately and controllably in rapid fire.

What other people's guns work with in their hands really doesn't matter; you need to buy a couple of boxes and try it out for yourself.

Read this: Best Choices for Self Defense Ammo

FWIW, my Glock 21's love this stuff, and I have no issues with controlling it doing a mag dump...but you need to see if it works for you.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Ranger-T +P is an excellent choice--if your gun likes it, and if you can shoot it accurately and controllably in rapid fire.

What other people's guns work with in their hands really doesn't matter; you need to buy a couple of boxes and try it out for yourself.
^ Good advice as usual. There are no magic bullets or ammo. I've even seen FMJ fail in some brands/some guns.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can echo the concern with the previous post. I just got a few boxes of Ranger T +p for my XDM 45 and also have at least 1 FTF per mag, maybe more. I would not use this for HD which is a shame because the ammo is great, just not a good match for our firearms it seems.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I use the standard pressure RA45T in my xd45 tactical and have never had a hiccup. Find what works in your gun.

Jake

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ive got 2 boxes for each of my xd/xdm's. Ive got a box of +p and standard and when I get home thursday Im gonna shoot some of each and see how they do. Ill be sure and let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I Bought a few boxes a few yrs back of the 230 gr +p but my xd 45 hated it too. the 127 gr +p+ works good in my 9mm s&w m&p so all you can do is try it and hope it works if not try something else. It is kinda sad with all of the advances in firearms tech that we still got to use the guess and check method when looking for a sd round

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I Bought a few boxes a few yrs back of the 230 gr +p but my xd 45 hated it too. the 127 gr +p+ works good in my 9mm s&w m&p so all you can do is try it and hope it works if not try something else. It is kinda sad with all of the advances in firearms tech that we still got to use the guess and check method when looking for a sd round
did you mean your xd experience a malfunction with ranger ammo. im concerned bec i used this for carry on my 45. I tested 2 mags with it and it fired flawlessly. But i dont want to experience a malfunction at a wrong time if many xd users experieced it on their gun.

·
Registered
29,877 Posts
did you mean your xd experience a malfunction with ranger ammo. im concerned bec i used this for carry on my 45. I tested 2 mags with it and it fired flawlessly. But i dont want to experience a malfunction at a wrong time if many xd users experieced it on their gun.
:rolleyes:

Has it malfunctioned in YOUR gun?

If it has, then, yes...you should switch loads.

If it hasn't, and you've put at least a decent amount through your pistol, you've got nothing to worry about (the converse is: if you're carrying it, and haven't proofed a full mag of it it through every mag you're using for SD/carry...you're being pretty damn foolish). Keep carrying it.

I can guaran-damn-tee you that if you search this forum, you're going to find posts on every single last carry load not working in somebody's pistol--Ranger-T, HST, Gold Dot, whatever. If you base your carry load choices about what doesn't work in anyone else's gun but yours...you're just being silly. Why worry about what works/doesn't work in somebody else's gun?

Agonizing about this makes about as much sense as carrying a load that doesn't work in your pistol, but works just dandy in somone else's, because it works for them...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts