Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A gentleman here at work just brought in a Winchester model 94 30-30 that was made in 1979. He's the only owner and it's never been fired. However, it hasn't exactly been kept oiled/lubricated all these years so I'm not sure how it looks down the barrel but otherwise on the outside all is well.

Can someone give me a ballpark idea how much this rifle is worth? I've looked on the auction sites and I'm guessing $500 is ballpark from what I've seen.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Het,
I also have an "older" Mod 94, I would not take anything under $500.00 for mine!
They (Mod 94's) are getting very scarce, Mine is a 1966 mod year, Took it to a Gunsmith after I found it and had it re-pinned, It was kinda loose, and checked out, He gave it a Clean bill of Health and I have left it the way I got it(Petina) of the metal.
Have shot it a number of times and the old 30-30 still shoots out to 100+ yds FINE.
If your "find" is unfired, That's even better, Makes the gun worth more $$$
and if you can get it reasonably you will have an heirloom to save.
Have the gun checked out by a good gunsmith and Enjoy the rifle that won the west!:D

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This gun would be for my dad (I'd like a lever action but I think I'll just stick to a .22 so that way I can shoot it a bunch and not squirm spending $1 every time I squeeze the trigger).

The guy offered for us to shoot it but it just doesn't feel right being the first to fire one down the barrel of someone else's gun. He picked it up from a hardware store 30yrs because they were trying to pay off a debt to his business. He doesn't have much interest in the gun but I'd have to imagine finding a 30yr model 94 with no wear is a pretty nice find. I'm going to urge my old man to pick this one up because he won't find many others like this one. After talking to the guy it sounds like I could get it for under $500 and I'll check the gun show this weekend to see what is out there for this model.

Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
My Grandfather gave me a Mod.94 .30wcf as well. It is the model with the long octagon barrel. I looked on a Winchester web site with the serial number and it says it was manufactured in 1896. I am kinda curious how much it is worth too, but don't really care because I would never sell it.
Buy it for as little as possible and forget about it for 30 more years.

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
I can't really give you a value, but I do know that the model 94's manufactured after 1964 are worth much less than those made before '64. A good condition pre-64 (80-95%) is worth approximately $1500-2000. So a decent condition one made after '64 would probably be worth a good amount less. I would think your guess of $500 would be close.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thanks Longtall for the info on the pre 64 guns I was left one by my DAD years ago before he passed away his Win model 94 that I remembered him buying it brand new back in about the mid 1950's for about $75.00 at that time & he never fired it, when I got It I took it to the range and put a few boxe's of ammo through it & took it deer hunting a few years & never shot a deer with it yet I never had a scope put on it because the gun shop told me that it would ruin the value of it, so It's something to pass down to my grand kids when they become older & responsible enought to appreciate it. thanks again for the Info :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can't really give you a value, but I do know that the model 94's manufactured after 1964 are worth much less than those made before '64. A good condition pre-64 (80-95%) is worth approximately $1500-2000. So a decent condition one made after '64 would probably be worth a good amount less. I would think your guess of $500 would be close.
i dont think so .you can buy a 1979. 30/30 all day long for about 250.00. and as for the pre 1964 s they run from 600.00 to 850.00 in good condition i have a 1950 30/30 in great shape i could probaly get 850.00 for it , ps go on guns america . and check their prices out

·
Registered
2 Posts
i dont think so .you can buy a 1979. 30/30 all day long for about 250.00. and as for the pre 1964 s they run from 600.00 to 850.00 in good condition i have a 1950 30/30 in great shape i could probaly get 850.00 for it , i got a great deal on mine though .they are alotta good deals on guns america. thats where i priced the value of mine from.so go check it out if you dont beleive me. infinity/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts