Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased several boxes of the above ammo. I am trying to stock up for later times . Has anyone had any problems with the new ammo. I read about the problems in the past.. Thanks

·
Registered
212 Posts
From what I gather, It is regarded as a very good and reliable facsimile of M193. I have shot hundreds of rounds and, I feel, it is a bit of a hot load, which I actually like. This and Federal/Lake city are the only thinks I stock.

·
Registered
541 Posts
From what I gather, It is regarded as a very good and reliable facsimile of M193. I have shot hundreds of rounds and, I feel, it is a bit of a hot load, which I actually like. This and Federal/Lake city are the only thinks I stock.
+1. Winchester Q3131/Q3131A and Federal XM 193 is the best 5.56mm loads out there. These are my loads of choice.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Walmart Federal or just red box Federal is your best stock up regular ammo for non-reloaders. This opinion comes from many years of shooting Win. and Fed.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Best at what? Killing paper, varmits, or rag-heads....
Accuracy, reliability, muzzle velocity, feeding issues (or lack there of), cleanliness. So any of the above mentioned.

I have shot yotes with the stuff. Does the job. With a rifle you should get sufficient MV to achieve fragmentation passed 100 meters.

Oddly enough, one of the best groupings I have ever had was with some S and B m193 out of a Double Star Upper. It's a shame its rather dirty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts